It's that time again! Annual post-Canadians split thread (pairs and dance)

honey

Per Gabrielle Daleman's Snapchat, her brother is skating with (or trying out with) an "Ali". I can't identify who Ali is, but there is video of a platter lift off the ice and sbs double axels on the ice. The girl has quite dark hair if that helps anyone :lol:

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Per Gabrielle Daleman's Snapchat, her brother is skating with (or trying out with) an "Ali". I can't identify who Ali is, but there is video of a platter lift off the ice and sbs double axels on the ice. The girl has quite dark hair if that helps anyone :lol:

Alison Eby, perhaps?

honey

It looks more like Schumacher to me than Eby, but I'm not 100% sure. Her face is not visible doing the lift and the video on the ice is far away. The axel technique seems to match that of Schumacher though.

Zazy

I came away from junior nats thinking both Zachary Daleman and Alison Shumacher would be great in pairs, and that their styles would match well. If they are forming a partnership, it'll be interesting to see how it develops.

Rock2

If Zach is in fact trying pairs I think that's a great call. Schumacher is tiny so that might be very cool. And they both have advanced triples. All sounds good on paper going in. We need some promising juniors now that our best ones are about to graduate. Hope it works out.

DFO

I was told about another novice pair split:

Danika Lévesque / Samir Andjorin are not together anymore.

If, as I expect, Panetta/Lapointe are moving from Novice to Junior, that left only Patricia Andrew / Paxton Knott in the Novice from the past season. But some new matches may be done + all the prenovices moving up to Novice.

fan

Novice Dance
Natalie D Alessandro / Bruce Waddell CO 13.60 (2) 12.35 (2) 64.54 (1) 90.49
2 Jade McCue / Gabriel Clemente CO 12.88 (4) 14.44 (1) 56.96 (5) 84.28
3 Jessica-Lee Behiel / Jackson Behiel AB/NT/NU 13.37 (3) 9.99 (9) 59.84 (3) 83.20
4 Katerina Kasatkin / Corey Circelli CO 10.83 (7) 10.50 (6) 60.11 (2) 81.44
5 Nina Mizuki / Veniamins Volskis BC/YK 10.76 (9) 10.54 (5) 58.26 (4) 79.56
6 Bridget Le Donne / Jakub Smal WO 12.83 (5) 9.84 (10) 53.77 (7) 76.44
7 Charlotte Lafond-Fournier / Anthony Campanelli QC 10.33 (12) 10.44 (7) 54.86 (6) 75.63
8 Sophia Strachan / Everest Zhu WO 14.06 (1) 11.34 (3) 47.89 (13) 73.29
9 Jessica Li / Jacob Richmond QC 9.80 (14) 10.84 (4) 51.84 (8) 72.48
10 Emily Mikulcik / Malcolm Kowan AB/NT/NU 10.55 (11) 9.99 (8) 49.20 (9) 69.74
11 Olivia McIsaac / Liam MacDonald WO 11.62 (6) 9.17 (11) 48.08 (10) 68.87 - she's teamed with elliot graham
12 Lily Hensen / Nathan Lickers WO 10.76 (10) 8.56 (13) 48.07 (11) 67.39
13 Pearl Kang / Cael Elford AB/NT/NU 9.76 (15) 8.38 (14) 47.91 (12) 66.05 - she's on IPS
14 Théadora Sauvé / Alexandre Faucher QC 10.22 (13) 8.58 (12) 43.58 (15) 62.38
15 Katrine Roy / Olivier Poupart QC - new split - both on IPS

happyfan

I think we're in for some really interesting matchups here such that pairs will finally have a solid reboot in Canada that will position us well for the future.

Eby and Brasseur will be highly sought after. And then looking ahead I assume Luba becomes available after Korea.

As for men I'm also keeping my eye on Michaud who I'm guessing will make a move and possibly repartner after the cycle. I also think Arcieri is immensely talented (and like Michaud even stronger than he looks) and hasn't found his perfect match yet.

The other one that I'm keeping my eye on is Boudreau-Audet who is skating for Japan. He's good and needs to get back into the mix in Canada with the list of partners available. I'll bet 50 bucks that purely on my own speculation there has been discussion about him snapping up Brasseur with the main barrier being is she ready to go senior. Not sure if she's age eligible. My research says she turns 16 on July 10...and I'm wondering if the cut off date is July 1. Too lazy to research but it may not work on that front. He's 6 ft 1 with two triples; this boy has to be coming back to us.

We need to add Portz/Purich to the list. Seems they missed nationals due to her injury but will be back on the ice.

I'd like to see someone like Emy Decelles pair with Morais or Boudreau-Audet. That just visually seems to work for me.

I think the rest will depend not just on matches but where people are willing to live and what their goals are. Can only speculate.

Eby/Chudak sounds interesting
Brasseur/Chudak are in the same camp, so....
Eby/Arcieri should be trying out in my mind. No idea why that hasn't happened.

I think a lot of dominoes fall once Brasseur repartners. I think her best matches longer term are Boudreau and then maybe Chudak and then I think Michaud could even handle her despite his height. He's just such a strong pair boy. If she's retrenching in juniors and grabs a younger guy or someone out of novice then the landscape changes.

My wild card prediction is that in 2018 Luba pairs up with Trennt.
He has beautiful lines and skating skills and similar jumps to her. He's short but strong. Has elements of Pelletier and Brubaker to his movement and style. On that front a better match for Luba than Dylan.
I also have a feeling he for personal reasons doesn't want to move too far and neither does she. Only so many solutions in Ontario. I think they could be an amazing vision on the ice.

That's my mind dump. Lots of cool stuff on the horizon. I'm sure of it.
I think we're in for some really interesting matchups here such that pairs will finally have a solid reboot in Canada that will position us well for the future.

Eby and Brasseur will be highly sought after. And then looking ahead I assume Luba becomes available after Korea.

As for men I'm also keeping my eye on Michaud who I'm guessing will make a move and possibly repartner after the cycle. I also think Arcieri is immensely talented (and like Michaud even stronger than he looks) and hasn't found his perfect match yet.

The other one that I'm keeping my eye on is Boudreau-Audet who is skating for Japan. He's good and needs to get back into the mix in Canada with the list of partners available. I'll bet 50 bucks that purely on my own speculation there has been discussion about him snapping up Brasseur with the main barrier being is she ready to go senior. Not sure if she's age eligible. My research says she turns 16 on July 10...and I'm wondering if the cut off date is July 1. Too lazy to research but it may not work on that front. He's 6 ft 1 with two triples; this boy has to be coming back to us.

We need to add Portz/Purich to the list. Seems they missed nationals due to her injury but will be back on the ice.

I'd like to see someone like Emy Decelles pair with Morais or Boudreau-Audet. That just visually seems to work for me.

I think the rest will depend not just on matches but where people are willing to live and what their goals are. Can only speculate.

Eby/Chudak sounds interesting
Brasseur/Chudak are in the same camp, so....
Eby/Arcieri should be trying out in my mind. No idea why that hasn't happened.

I think a lot of dominoes fall once Brasseur repartners. I think her best matches longer term are Boudreau and then maybe Chudak and then I think Michaud could even handle her despite his height. He's just such a strong pair boy. If she's retrenching in juniors and grabs a younger guy or someone out of novice then the landscape changes.

My wild card prediction is that in 2018 Luba pairs up with Trennt.
He has beautiful lines and skating skills and similar jumps to her. He's short but strong. Has elements of Pelletier and Brubaker to his movement and style. On that front a better match for Luba than Dylan.
I also have a feeling he for personal reasons doesn't want to move too far and neither does she. Only so many solutions in Ontario. I think they could be an amazing vision on the ice.

That's my mind dump. Lots of cool stuff on the horizon. I'm sure of it.
I have just had the opportunity to watch all of the junior pair skates from Nationals. It is a shame the pairs grouping for novice and junior are so small.
I know there has been a lot of discussion regarding Trennt and possible future pairings, I was also impressed by the BC skater Matthew Den Boer. He appears tall and strong and has good pair elements, a difficult lift at the end of the long program was impressive as well as a good triple twist. I think it could be interesting if he were available as a partner for this season to see if he would match up with any of the available pair girls.
This is just my opinion after watching the videos.

Catherine M

Mira Samoisette, who was 7th in senior dance with Dominic Barthe is on IPS.

Didn't they team up really late last season?

Sylvia

TBD
Mira Samoisette, who was 7th in senior dance with Dominic Barthe is on IPS.

Didn't they team up really late last season?
Yes, Barthe competed at least twice last summer with Aya Takai (also on IPS; she has dual U.S. & Japanese citizenship).

Last edited:

victoriajh

trying to ignore rod and find the eurosport feed
New dance team Dimitre and Brianna Del Maestro. Will be training with carol lane
Glad to see Brianna paired up - she is making a move back east?
Looking forward to seeing her with her new partner

twizzler3

Just to recap/update...

1 Natalie D Alessandro / Bruce Waddell - Junior
2 Nina Mizuki / Veniamins Volskis
3 Katerina Kasatkin / Corey Circelli - Junior
4 Jade McCue / Gabriel Clemente
5 Jessica-Lee Behiel / Jackson Behiel - Junior
6 Charlotte Lafond-Fournier / Anthony Campanelli
7 Janine Rho / Vali Baimoukhametov - Split
8 Sophia Strachan / Everest Zhu
9 Jessica Li / Jacob Richmond
10 Emily Mikulcik / Malcolm Kowan
11 Pearl Kang / Cael Elford - Split (She is on IPS)
12 Bridget Le Donne / Jakub Smal
13 Lily Hensen / Nathan Lickers
14 Théadora Sauvé / Alexandre Faucher
15 Katrine Roy / Olivier Poupart - Split (Both on IPS)
16 Olivia McIsaac / Liam MacDonald - Split (She teamed up with Elliott Graham)
17 Aurélee-Rose Wolff / Jean-Sébastien Penven - Split (She is on IPS)
18 Michelle Hong / Nathan Chung - Split
19 Clare Bedford / Kyle Pearson - Split (She is on IPS)
20 Madison Tocher / Marty Haubrich - Split

Last edited:

twizzler3

I feel like I'm missing something here, but here's what I know

1 Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha - Senior

2 Valerie Taillefer / Jason Chan
3 Ashlynne Stairs / Lee Royer
4 Danielle Wu / Nik Mirzakhani
5 Alicia Fabbri / Claudio Pietrantonio
6 Hannah Whitley / Elliott Graham - Split (He teamed up with Olivia McIssac)
7 Irina Galiyanova / Tommy Tang
8 Keelee Gingrich / Parker Brown
9 Olivia Han / Grayson Lochhead
10 Priya Ramesh / Brandon Labelle - Split (He is on IPS)
11 Sabrina Bédard / George Waddell
12 Gina Cipriano / Jake Richardson
13 Ravie Cunningham / Cedar Bridgewood
14 Jolie Che / Paul Ayer
15 Kaitlyn Chubb / Alex Gunther
16 Yohanna Broker / Matthew Korkoian
17 Cassidy McFarlane / Kyle Cayouette
18 Natascha Collier / Philippe Marchand
19 Sophia Simitsakos / Jeffrey Wong
20 Hope McLean / Olivier Zhang - Split (Both on IPS)
21 Leia Dozzi / Liam Fawcett

bluebonnets

can you hear me now?
Are Lajoie/Lagha planning to compete junior or senior internationally? I'm not surprised to hear that they want to move up domestically but thought they would spend another season on the JGP/have another shot at junior worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information