Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

brina

I think Yuzuru should continue to work on his stamina and solidifying his 4loop. I don't think it would be smart to add another quad at this point.

slipchuk

Banned Member
I really want Yuzuru to win the next world an Olympics. What does he need for that? Just skate clean? Those five quad kids are posing a real challenge.

Hanyu skating clean in both programs is still untouchable. He bombed the short program here which cost him the win, and still could have scored higher in the long without popping one jump and some shaky landings. A totally clean Fernandez would still probably come closer to him than Chen can for now.

kittysk8ts

I really want Yuzuru to win the next world an Olympics. What does he need for that? Just skate clean? Those five quad kids are posing a real challenge.
I think that 2 clean skates would do it, but knowing Yuzu, he will not want to rely on that. I think he will add another quad as a cushion. Maybe not before Worlds, but I betcha he will next season.

slipchuk

Banned Member
I think that 2 clean skates would do it, but knowing Yuzu, he will not want to rely on that. I think he will add another quad as a cushion. Maybe not before Worlds, but I betcha he will next season.

Yes I agree. For worlds this year though he will focus on trying to do what he has clean, particularly since he hasnt quite had that magical performance of last year yet and will want that at worlds.

Meoima

Yuzuru told the media he has been training 4lz and 5 quads LP, he won't give up two 3A. So we know that the next quad he will add is 4lz. There has been rumor that Yuzuru has been training 4lz as the second jump in LP. He already saw through everything.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Yuzuru told the media he has been training 4lz and 5 quads LP, he won't give up two 3A. So we know that the next quad he will add is 4lz. There has been rumor that Yuzuru has been training 4lz as the second jump in LP. He already saw through everything.

This trend worries me, speaking in general. With so much focus on quads there is not much room left for the artistic aspects of FS. Yuzuru is one of the most balanced skaters but he is being pushed to focus on jumps. It won't be long before we see 8 quad LPs. So essentially the quads are replacing the triples. However, flawed quads should be penalized just like flawed triples are. I worry about injuries. I want to see Yuzuru in two more Olympics.

Seerek

I wonder to what extent Yuzuru and Brian Orser discuss Plan B layouts, since Brian seemed quite surprised at the improvised content in the second half of the long program once the second quad salchow was doubled.

Meoima

This trend worries me, speaking in general. With so much focus on quads there is not much room left for the artistic aspects of FS. Yuzuru is one of the most balanced skaters but he is being pushed to focus on jumps. It won't be long before we see 8 quad LPs. So essentially the quads are replacing the triples. However, flawed quads should be penalized just like flawed triples are. I worry about injuries. I want to see Yuzuru in two more Olympics.
Well but we know Yuzuru is the one who will never give up transitions and his ideal skating. He practices more quads but at the same time he practices skating skills and steps very seriously. My friend at CC said there are times Yuzuru only practice skating and no jumps at all. Of course he needs to improve his stamina.

He also cares about his health, if you notice, he did not do any Biellmann spin this time at 4CC, both in LP and in his exhibition program. His back's condition be not serious but I think it's good he tries not to injure it any further.

He is practicing 4lz which use outside edge and less stress on his inside edge (his injury) so I think he will be ok with quad lutz.

I have no doubt Yuzuru will never give up quality skating.

Last edited:

indicatoto101

I was going to say that I'd wish he'd backed off on adding new tech content and focused on staking clean but then I remember what happened to Yuna at Sochi. Yuzuru wants to win the olympics skating his best. I really hope he can build the stamina to skate his programs clean...

Meoima

I was going to say that I'd wish he'd backed off on adding new tech content and focused on staking clean but then I remember what happened to Yuna at Sochi. Yuzuru wants to win the olympics skating his best. I really hope he can build the stamina to skate his programs clean...
I'd say if his main rival is someone from Chinese fed he can still win with his quality. But it's not easy going against USFA who is desperate for medal and are willing to boost their top favorite with huge PCS and GOE regardless of the true quality.

Without the highest BV, Yuzuru's has no advantage despite his quality being much better. He saw through that and has been practicing 4lz and 5 quads even before 4CC.

bardtoob

It would help if he did not dress like Willy Wonka then try to be sexy :hat1:

... only the real Prince ever pulled that off.

Last edited:

Marco

Despite being a World and Olympic champion, Yuzuru never really skated all that well at Worlds or the Olympics, certainly not his best in the season.

I think this is the year for him to shine at Worlds though. Unlike last year, he hasn't skated cleanly so far this season and he must be hungry for it. The 4loop probably hindered his general consistency a bit but by Finland I think he will have it all sorted out.

Meoima

Despite being a World and Olympic champion, Yuzuru never really skated all that well at Worlds or the Olympics, certainly not his best in the season.

I think this is the year for him to shine at Worlds though. Unlike last year, he hasn't skated cleanly so far this season and he must be hungry for it. The 4loop probably hindered his general consistency a bit but by Finland I think he will have it all sorted out.
Yeap. Yuzuru has been trying to delay his peak whole season. I hope he will finally peak at WC.

Meoima

Congratulations Yuzuru for winning the free skate at 4CC. I was right that he won the LP. People have a pattern. Skate Canada and 4CC are never meant for Yuzuru. It's okay.

You can get lucky at one place one time. Yuzuru has saved his luck for one year later. The result of 4CC today somehow tells me that he will get that second Olympic gold.

Here is his beautiful free skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opRv2SABBzk
Fuji tivi took down Yuzuru's free skate at 4CC on YouTube. But luckily we still have Dailymotion link and it still works well: http://dai.ly/x5cj8zv

bardtoob

But Yuzuru doesn't try to be sexy in his LP. I don't understand your post.

I was referring to the SP, and thank goodness he is not trying to be sexy because whatever artistic effect he meant to do with that costume and moves like this https://youtu.be/exW0EAd59aw?t=171 directed right at the judges is something he can not pull off. He has a lot of the "it" factor but not that "it" factor . . . We all know who will give him 7.00s if Vanessa Riley is on the judging panel.

Last edited:

Meoima

I was referring to the SP, and thank goodness he is not trying to be sexy because whatever artistic effect he meant to do with that costume and moves like this https://youtu.be/exW0EAd59aw?t=171 directed right at the judges is something he can not pull off. He has a lot of the "it" factor but not that "it" factor . . . We all know who will give him 7.00s if Vanessa Riley is on the judging panel.
I see some people say Yuzuru has the sex appeal of a slide of bread. But it seems many other people still think of him as very attractive.
Personally Yuzuru still looks like a kid to me. But I have seen mature women call him sexy.

bardtoob

I see some people say Yuzuru has the sex appeal of a slide of bread. But it seems many other people still think of him as very attractive.
Personally Yuzuru still looks like a kid to me. But I have seen mature women call him sexy.

Ewww . . . I'm not a hater, so good for him . . . but ewww to the taste of those mature women . . . just ewww . . .

bardtoob

@Meoima . . . He still is dressed like Willy Wonka, even if you are suggesting he has that boy band appeal . . . but I digress.

Meoima

@Meoima . . . He still is dressed like Willy Wonka, even if you are suggesting he has that boy band appeal . . . but I digress.
Believe me. Those women look at me like I have 2 heads when I said Yuzuru looks like a cute kid to me, not as a sexy man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information