Recent content by wouldacoulda

1. wouldacoulda

Rough prediction of 2024-25 GP spot allocation

Maybe he’ll go the same route as Jason, and skip the GP.
  2. wouldacoulda

ending program -- touch the ice?

My friend has a knee slide that ends with her lowering herself with her hands touching the ice then laying on the ice. Her FS program also includes a hand brushing the ice.
  3. wouldacoulda

US Adult Nationals in Cleveland April 2024

I’m going, but not competing. I’m acting as an emotional support animal for a friend. I’ll be cheering everyone on. Have a great time!
  4. wouldacoulda

The Craziness Continues

I live in CT. I was run off the highway last week. By a school bus. Only in CT!
  5. wouldacoulda

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

There is a camp for the National Development Team. A young dance team from my rink is attending. I believe selection is based upon placements at qualifying events. The kids from my rink competed in Intermediate.
  6. wouldacoulda

Jacob Sanchez fan thread

I love Jacob Sanchez. He was training in Lake Placid when I was there a few summers ago. I hope he has a great skate at the Youth Olympics!
  7. wouldacoulda

News and updates à la Française, part quatre

That was tough to watch.
  8. wouldacoulda

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

I heard today that the IOC has decided to allow Russian athletes to compete as neutral at the next Summer Olympics. I guess they’ve forgotten about the war. it will be interesting to see if the same holds true for the Winter Olympics.
  9. wouldacoulda

IOC names French Alps and Salt Lake City as "Preferred Hosts" for 2030 and 2034 Olympic Games

I have family in Logan. It would be a hike, but worth it!
  10. wouldacoulda

In Memoriam

When I was a kid, I put a Witchipoo sticker on my chair at the kitchen table. I don’t know why, as I was creeped out by H.R. Pufnstuf. Now that table and chairs are in my dining room, but fortunately the sticker is gone. Unfortunately, the theme song is now stuck in my head just before bedtime...
  11. wouldacoulda

2023 PSOTY Male Nominations

Fa all the way.
  12. wouldacoulda

ISU Adult International Competition in Nashville, TN

What a coincidence! Jackets were briefly available in the US after the 2019 competition, but not since. I‘m glad Canada had them. They looked great!
  13. wouldacoulda

In Memoriam

I was an extra on an independent film starring Burt Young, probably ten years ago. We were filming outside, and in between scenes, he had a runny nose. I gave him a pack of tissues, and he was very appreciative. Many actors would not have been so gracious.
  14. wouldacoulda

2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

I got individual tickets for 2016 as well. I hope to do the same this time.
  15. wouldacoulda

ISU Adult International Competition in Nashville, TN

Canada came out in force! It seemed like everyone from Canada had a team jacket, and they were very enthusiastic in the stands!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information