Recent content by wickedwitch

1. wickedwitch

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

Just finished Gracie's book. My main takeaway is that her emotions are clearly still very raw. I'm glad she wrote this now, so her current point-of-view gets captured, but I'm curious how she'll feel in another ten years.
  2. wickedwitch

U.S. Women [#4]: How Dare You

I put this in the FS thread, but everyone should watch Amber's reaction to her score again for the serotonin: https://twitter.com/TeamUSA/status/1619177319033372674
  3. wickedwitch

2022–23 Canadian Pairs: News and Updates

I can't imagine it will be, but I'd love if there were an English translation.
  4. wickedwitch

Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

I just watched the finale to Under the Banner of Heaven... it's such a distrutbing story. I would be complaining that it's too far-fetched and unrealistic, but the most disturbing parts are true. It's format is slightly different than most detective shows, but it really worked for me. Overall...
  5. wickedwitch

U.S. Men 2021-22 season news & updates

I think his PCS would have been (deservingly) higher had he not skated relatively early.
  6. wickedwitch

Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Yeah, but those were all stupid rules. Royalty gets away a ton of stuff they shouldn't, but I'm far more bothered when rules are bent when they commit felonies versus when they're allowed to get divorced despite the Church not allowing that. I'm an American, so it's been pretty ingrained in me...
  7. wickedwitch

The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

It was obvious they were headed in this direction from the moment they dropped the CDs. I'm only surprised it didn't happen in 2018.
  8. wickedwitch

U.S. Women [#3]: Skating Clean

I’m not surprised. She’s been hinting at this all along. But it is disappointing.
  9. wickedwitch

Eric Radford and Vanessa James to compete in pairs together for Canada

If W/M are top 12, then it wouldn’t matter where the second team placed. Actually, even last and second to last in this field would be good enough to keep the two spots.
  10. wickedwitch

Eric Radford and Vanessa James to compete in pairs together for Canada

Except they finished 12th not 10th.
  11. wickedwitch

U.S. Pairs 2021-22 season - News & Updates, Part X

What struggles? She was quite consistent.
  12. wickedwitch

Lu/Mitrofanov split? Mitrofanov has a new partner

https://twitter.com/fsonline/status/1505942861983981568
  13. wickedwitch

I wouldn't necessarily make it easier, just more flexible. New teams get in very few competitions -- maybe one or at the most two -- before the initial assignments. Now there's some score x in the SP and y in the LP they need to achieve. Instead, I'd allow for x+5 in the SP or y+10 in the LP...
  14. wickedwitch

New good teams have a trouble hitting the standards every year so JGP slots go unused every year. So yes, the standards are too high.
  15. wickedwitch

USFSA’s ridiculous standards for sending out new teams bites them in the ass. This is the least shocking thing ever. I just feel bad for the team who can’t go. Maybe next year they’ll actually use their allotment of JGP slots. But probably not.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information