Recent content by Vagabond

1. Vagabond

Cute Zoo Pics Part 7

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/15/science/australia-wildlife-koalas.html?unlocked_article_code=1.kk0.94bp.JARtADyxNkJt&ugrp=u Includes short videos of koalas eating, sleeping, scratching, and generally being cute.
  2. Vagabond

Davis/Smolkin and their transfer to Ice Academy of Montreal

What @tony said. Plus how would Skate Canada have any evidence that Tutberidze actually contributed to doping minors?
  3. Vagabond

Why wouldn't she be allowed?
  4. Vagabond

Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

Make sure to bring your passport. :sekret:
  5. Vagabond

 Does Ice Academy of Montreal have a waiting list? I thought it acted like a black hole, sucking in everyone and everything within its reach. :unsure:
  6. Vagabond

Aren't all the parties concerned Americans by now? :saint:
  7. Vagabond

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

But surely she put pressure on herself, just as much as USFS did. She either posted videos on YouTube showing her doing triple axels in practice or had someone else do it for her. To suggest that any of this caused her to be a "flash on the pan" is to ignore the realities of sexual assault and...
  8. Vagabond

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

Gold's career tanked because of her mental health problems after the rape. While there might have been things USFS could have done to help her, better marketing would not have made a difference.
  9. Vagabond

Wildlife in Your Own Backyard

That was meant to be hootfest. :duh: Months can go by here without much sign of the owls, but two or three have been hooting away the past couple of evenings. One of them, probably the breeding male, has been perched on the roof, in a pine, and in a redwood, and another, either its mate or one...
  10. Vagabond

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

(Turn around, bright eyes) Every now and then I fall apart (Turn around, bright eyes) Every now and then I fall apart (Turn around) Every now and then I get a little bit restless And I dream of something wild 👨‍🎤
  11. Vagabond

There's no solar eclipse around these parts, and I am feeling  verklempt. Deal with it! 💔
  12. Vagabond

Once upon a time, I was falling in love But now I'm only falling apart :fragile: There's nothing I can do A total eclipse of the heart Once upon a time, there was light in my life But now there's only love in the dark Nothing I can say A total eclipse of the heart
  13. Vagabond

Make Skaters Skate Other Skaters’ Programs

Maurizio Margaglio makes Turkkila & Versluis and Orihara & Pirinen skate each other's programs. I think there is a good short film to be made about this. Otherwise, the idea of Fear & Gibson skating to Hawayek & Baker's "I Found You" program gives me a warm feeling. :EVILLE:
  14. Vagabond

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

They have similar makeup routines, but that's about it. Then again, I did have a classmate in high school who had a very strong resemblance to Joanne Woodward, so I acknowledge my own bias here.
  15. Vagabond

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

"Hana" is a feminine Japanese name, meaning "flower." I don't think that "Hanna" is a word in Japanese, but if it were, it would be written with different characters and have a different meaning.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information