Recent content by susan6

1. susan6

Hurricane Ida

You'd think that this would convince Manchin that an increase in infrastructure spending is important....but apparently not!
  2. susan6

Netflix/Prime/Hulu Discoveries

Anyone watching Years and Years? It's on HBO Now and it's a gut punch. I think it originally aired a couple months ago in the UK and the US is just getting it now, so if I've missed an old thread on it, sorry about that! Emma Thompson is amazing in this. I just got to the penultimate, "we...
  3. susan6

Hurricane Michael

I decided to evacuate this morning; I'm now about 100 miles east of Tallahassee. There are so many trees in Tallahassee, power will be out for a long time. (I passed dozens of power line maintainance crews and tree service trucks on the way out, those guys will be making some serious...
  4. susan6

Hurricane Michael

I'm in the big bend area of Florida, this thing is looking scarier and scarier.
  5. susan6

Project Runway 2017

I agree, I think it was the bright colors in Margarita's collection that probably put her more in the running compared to Kenya. I don't know what some of the others are thinking. Brandon picked the ugliest, most ridiculous print to feature in every piece. Ayana's prints look like wallpaper...
  6. susan6

Shooting in Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas

Yeah, my father was in the military. Listening to the wives talk, there's a LOT of alcoholism and sexual harassment in the ranks. It's like a fraternity. With guns. And their job is to face traumatic events. It's not entirely surprising that a former service member would snap. However...
  7. susan6

Shooting in Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas

Apparently the guy got his dishonorable discharge from the USAF for assaulting his wife and kid. This seems to be a common theme for mass shooters. I know there are laws on the books in various places (or attempts to make such laws), but let's enforce them: if you beat your family members...
  8. susan6

Shooting in Las Vegas

I would LOVE to see a discussion in congress about stricter safety regulations and background evaluations, and maybe bans on the sale of specific types of weapons (military grade automatic rifles which, unless you're standing in a war zone, you shouldn't have). BUT....as soon as someone tries...
  9. susan6

Harvey Weinstein megaproducer and executive ousted over sexual harassment

Yeah....another example of that is, Justin Timberlake is apparently on the short list to do the Superbowl halftime show this year. What happened the last time he did? Something that Janet Jackson got blamed for.
  10. susan6

Apparently Bjork just put Lars von Trier on blast on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/bjork/posts/10155777444371460 "it was extremely clear to me when i walked into the actresses profession that my humiliation and role as a lesser sexually harassed being was the norm and set in stone with...
  11. susan6

You haven't learned enough. NO ONE took the rumors and accusations about Cosby and Weinstein seriously until there was a critical mass of dozens of women who came forward. (Heck, no one took the Cosby incidents seriously until a MALE comedian commented on it on stage.) So, these guys got away...
  12. susan6

Project Runway 2017

Project Runway has clearly become a scripted show. I'm about done with it. Claire is clearly written as the heel (professional wrestling terminology) to instigate drama on the show. There's no way this situation is real. For one thing, any unscripted person would be jumping up and down with...
  13. susan6

Shooting in Las Vegas

I haven't been to Vegas in several years, but when I went, there was no security for guests checking into hotels on the Strip. Walk to the front desk, check in, take your stuff up to your room. Nothing is scanned. He could have had those guns in a bunch of duffel bags. A lot of...
  14. susan6

Hurricane Maria

The spaghetti plots have this one hitting PR (which, large portions are probably STILL out of power after Irma), then veering right and going into the Atlantic, well to the east of Florida. Maybe I missed something, but--Jose, Lee, Maria....what happened to the "K" storm?
  15. susan6

Hurricane Irma

Power's out at my house in tallahassee but water and gas still working. My house and trees made it though still standing. The wind was scary at times but not too bad.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information