Recent content by stjeaskategym

1. S

Music group sues NBC, US figure skating pair over use of song during Winter Olympics

It's listed right in the lawsuit that the band was upset that they weren't listed in the graphic during K/F's SP. They're blaming NBC, when NBC didn't make the graphics (although they did modify them on occasion). Whoever is in charge of the worldwide stream is who initially forgot to list the...
  2. S

Music group sues NBC, US figure skating pair over use of song during Winter Olympics

People who sue a lot are 'sue-happy'. A lawsuit that says K/F are profiting off of Olympic revenue/this song is 'silly' in my opinion. I'm not 'hot and bothered'. I'm mildly bothered. I'd be more bothered if it had affected K/F's performances, but they did some of their best ever skating, so I'm...
  3. S

Yes, NBC did indeed use the OBS graphics (although they modified them slightly to list that K/F were US Champions before listing the music). The graphics listed the musical artist for just about all of the competitors, but not K/F's Team Event SP. It must have been an oversight. For skaters...
  4. S

They don't profit from using a piece of music. They don't profit from participating in the Olympics, at least not directly. Is receiving money from the USOC for winning a medal the same as "profiting from the revenue the 2022 Winter Olympics generate"? That seems like a stretch. I'm definitely...
  5. S

I was referring to K/F. I put the other entities in parentheses because they were also named in the suit, but the lawsuit specifically claims that K/F profit off the revenue of the Olympics, which they certainly do not. This band sounds clueless about skating/Olympics, so maybe they think...
  6. S

I like how this silly lawsuit claims K/F (along with NBC, Peacock, and whoever else) profit from the revenue the Olympics generate. If only. Skaters have been skating to covers forever with no issue. How would one know this particular cover required different licensing (thanks to Dad the...
  7. S

U.S. Pairs 2021-22 season - News & Updates, Part X

Museksk8er, I wasn't comparing Alexa Knierim to Nathan Chen or Tarasova/Morozov. You missed my point. The only direct comparison I made is between Knierim/Frazier & Cain/LeDuc. K/F have a clear edge numerically and I feel belong in the Team Event. They've shown better scoring potential for an...
  8. S

2022 Winter Olympics status updates, news articles, etc.

You're right, they want China to look like a great host. But they won't look like great host if they kick athletes out of the Olympics based on false positives. Would the IOC really want Olympic stars like Shaun White and Mikaela Shiffrin tossed from the Olympics when they're already recovered...
  9. S

Long post alert. Pairs is by far my favorite discipline and I can't just not respond šŸ˜‚ Nobody's trending anywhere, really. One pair was sick and the other pair has competed once in the past 2 months. Getting sick on the wrong day and missing an event is not trending down. One rough LP (that...
  10. S

2022 Winter Olympics status updates, news articles, etc.

"There is a plan in place, according to the IOC, should an athlete who has tested positive and since recovered test positive again in China. A medical expert panel has been made up of 20 members, including representation from the China Centre for Disease Control, the Beijing CDC, and five...
  11. S

Median International Score SP Scores LP Scores Knierim/Frazier 202.97 76.09, 70.15, 69.83, 66.44, 66.37 136.60, 136.46, 136.04, 131.54, 120.25 Cain/LeDuc 191.45 70.75, 64.98, 61.68, 59.58 132.04, 128.22, 128.02, 111.06 To maximize the US's chances, I want K/F in the Team Event. There's...
  12. S

Agreed. 3 out of 4 SP scores for Cain/LeDuc are under 65, and 3 out of 4 LP scores are under 130. K/F have no SP scores under 66, and only 1 LP score out of 5 under 130. Between that and the fact that K/F have repeatedly scored as high as 136 in the FS (with room to get better), and well as 76...
  13. S

You send your best pairs to Worlds, no consolation prizes. It's about who has the best chance of scoring well there. Cain/LeDuc and Calalang/Johnson have been relatively neck in neck throughout the season, but C/L were convincing over C/J at Nationals. And Knierim/Frazier have consistently been...
  14. S

I didn't have quite the same reaction. It was a lovely performance, but there were definitely some mistakes in that Cain/LeDuc program, not all of which were accounted for in the marks (the 2T was a clear UR, second lift could have went up smoother, third lift got a little sluggish, twist didn't...
  15. S

It's great that Brandon is feeling a lot better after just 2 or 3 days. It sounds like he's already turned the corner and is on the upward swing. I'm assuming they'd have to get monitored to show readiness, but things look very encouraging for them to be healthy and ready to go by the Olympics...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information