Recent content by skatak

1. S

Nations' Cup Ballet / Theatre On Ice competition, April 20-23, 2023 in Norwood, Mass.

I really would have like to see it live... last time in Epinal the live feed was on :-/ Really interested to see what the other teams would have done with the choregraphic exercice requirements. Yes, in the adult category there were 5 teams ranked in France last year, but only top 2 survived /...
  2. S

Hey there ! "Nazarova/Nikitin seem to be degrading. And I have to hide from Hanna and jeschke...

Hey there ! "Nazarova/Nikitin seem to be degrading. And I have to hide from Hanna and jeschke who are now raving about them right in front of me." Say hello to them ! I've never met Jeschke, I plan to in Tallinn, but will, it will be next time... Have fun !
  3. S

Rinks part of multipurpose facilities

Quite common in France to find rinks close to swimming pools : you cool one by heating the other. If I remember correctly, in Nice the two are separated by windows ^^. I you sit in the upper level at the rink, after half a turn on yourself you see people swimming. In Boulogne Billancourt, the...
  4. S

Really, part deux

Was out of the loop, so sorry to hear such sad news. Rest in peace Lee, kuddos for your courage and your fight (that extends to the relatives, thanks for keeping us updated Gerry, you are amazing).
  5. S

6th Nations' Cup Ballet / Theatre On Ice competition, April 26-28, 2019 in Epinal, France

Rapidly before memories goes slowly away... It was a really great competition. Definitely more than the usual Ballet competition, the international part brings a lot in the pot. After being last in the CE, it was a great feeling to move up 4 spots :D Impressed by the overall level in novice...
  6. S

6th Nations' Cup Ballet / Theatre On Ice competition, April 26-28, 2019 in Epinal, France

Be sure not to miss the free programs this afternoon ! Villard (senior) ' Carmen 2.0 is the best program I ve seen in years. I would watch it over and over rather than, lets say, some FD from this year including the world champion FD :-D. But the competition will be fierce the US are strong too...
  7. S

Skate Canada Official Sylvain Guibord has passed away

Wow that's unexpected ! I had met him while on a Québec trip back in the old days... Had seen then that he was very involved in the sport ! That 's sad :-(. My sympathies for his family and friends.
  8. S

IOC's decision: (clean) Russian athletes can compete under neutral flag at PyeongChang Olympics

(trying to bring a light note ^^) big dilemna here... with the final option to team Stepanova and Klimov together : should they be entered in pairs or ice dance ?
  9. S

Finnish skating news 2017/18

Thanks for the link, the content le ambitious... and almost clean!
  10. S

Twice is nice, Three times the charm

Thing is, to evaluate if a skater is reusing an old program, you would need someone in the jury specifically deciding on that; judges come and go, and if i believe most of them like the sport and watch competitions they dont judge, you can not ask them to remember all the programs from all the...
  11. S

Really, part deux

couldn't say it better !!
  12. S

Word Association - Round 120

Iceland
  13. S

Word Association - Round 120

California
  14. S

Igor Pashkevich has passed away

well, that's quite shocking news, I remember watching him skate. I hope he feels better now :-/ :-((
  15. S

Word Association - Round 115

concerto
Do Not Sell My Personal Information