Recent content by semogal

1. semogal

2024 US Figure Skating Championships

I am cautiously optimistic that I can attend Nationals. I have good friends who just moved to Columbus and it is within driving distance for me. Fingers crossed it is affordable and that Jason will stick it out and compete.
  2. semogal

Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

Was so great to see Madison at the boards this week at Nationals. I think I saw Zach watching from the Junior FD from the wings too. MIss these two so much. ID just isn't the same without them.
  3. semogal

Downtown Jason Brown - Let the Good Times Roll (uber thread #2)

Jason was just sublime this weekend. I have watched his FP 3 times and cried each time. I selfishly hope he sticks around for nationals next year in Columbus, I would love to see him skate in-person one more time.
  4. semogal

Kori Ade's cancer diagnosis and GoFundMe link

My son was recently diagnosed with B cell lymphoma. He has a 2 year old daughter. His prognosis is guardedly optimistic but the treatment takes a toll physically and emotionally. Holding Kori and her family in my thoughts
  5. semogal

The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Is this season over yet? I hate the "latinā€ RD and the rule changes. All the head rolls to whip the ponytails made me dizzy yesterday. How do they not get whiplash?
  6. semogal

Madison is officially coaching! Look at her beautiful announcemen photo: https://twitter.com/montreal_ice/status/1552279857639395328?s=20&t=ZfCdvI1NhLi-jF2AEAvo3g
  7. semogal

The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Me too! It is my favorite of all their many routines over the years.
  8. semogal

I am so not ready to say goodbye to this team. I hope this week at Worlds surpasses their expectations
  9. semogal

Mariah Bell cheer thread: Rise Up

Beautiful skate for Mariah. She skated with such joy. My favorite moment was when she turned around for once last look at the Olympic arena as she exited the ice. It made me cry. I am so happy that she got to live her Olympic dream.
  10. semogal

I have been saving a very special beverage for tonight. So glad I get to drink it in celebration šŸ¾ Congrats to our Olympic bronze medalists. ā¤ļø
  11. semogal

Neat interview. Zach looks a lot like his Mom.
  12. semogal

U.S. Ice Dance 2021-22 season news & updates

US Ice Dancers are amazing! H/D and C/B won their segments in the team event and helped lead Team USA to the silver medal. Remember when dance was the forgotten step-child of skating? They carried the team this weekend. :cheer2:
  13. semogal

I am so relieved to see that both H/D and C/B are going to be participating in the team event! I have been on edge about it all week. Can't wait to watch Madison and Zach bring it in the RD. https://twitter.com/montreal_ice/status/1489072111914213377?s=20&t=NQ9NqMK-SaEYrhIjVZ3dqQ
  14. semogal

Over the years, Madison and Zach have given us beautiful programs and memorable moments. I know that out of the current crop of US Ice Dancers, it is their programs that I will watch endlessly on youtube. Wishing them a safe and wonderful Olympics (and I really, really, hope that experiene...
  15. semogal

That FD was a great way to end their nationals careers. Congrats to Madison and Zach on winning the FD and earning the silver medal. I won't lie, I am disappointed it wasn't gold. I wanted that for them so badly. And happy belated birthday to Zach. It will certainly be a memorable one!!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information