Recent content by RoseAugust

1. R

RuPaul’s Drag Race 16 (2024)

I was pleasantly surprised with the top two. I enjoyed Nymphia the most because she really made me laugh and I loved her runway. I think Sapphire is definitely a judge favorite but I don't think Nymphia is. Plane Jane and Q did such a great job with both the challenge and runway, I assumed...
  2. R

I'm wondering about the potion factor too. I wasn't surprised Plane used it to save Nymphia because she has a very high opinion of herself and I also don't think she is as bad of a person as she comes across. This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I find that Q, who was an early favorite...
  3. R

I was really hoping Nymphia would win this challenge. Evrn though I agree Plasma did not win that lipsync, I was surprised she got the Sashay.
  4. R

Gymnastics News #23: Defying Gravity

Nola Matthew's floor exercise was one of the highlights for me. I'm so glad Peacock showed it.
  5. R

Holiday Candy, Cookies, Bread, Pudding (SWEETS!)

Always: Swedish Rye Bread (grandma Hedwig's recipe), Stollen (grandma Clara's recipe), ostkaka (Swedish cheese cake) served with whip cream and lingonberries, Fruckt Soppa (fruit soup), spritz, pepparkakor, pecan bars and Mexican wedding cakes.
  6. R

Yuzuru Hanyu announces his retirement from competition (updated after his press conference)

Gotta say that I won't miss him. I never got him. I suspect I expected to much from him, given the hype surrounding him.
  7. R

Chantastic....the return of Patrick

Oh man, I miss Patrick's skating sooooo much!
  8. R

Camden Cheer thread

It was my favorite!
  9. R

Unpopular Opinions

While watching Michelle's Fate of Carmen a moment ago, I noticed I was totally loving the haircut. So cute! I don't think that was a popular opinion at the time. ( Sadly, I'm too old to remember!)
  10. R

Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

A week ago I was at my Balkan folk dance club worrying about how Nathen Chen would skate. Unable to concentrate, I left early and got home just in time to watch his gold winning skate! Tonight, I danced stress-free.
  11. R

Skaters who 'own the ice'?

Robin Cousins. His skating presence captured my full attention. I saw him skate in person only once, but it has stayed with me.
  12. R

Unpopular Opinions

The plainer the costume, the better.
  13. R

Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

Help! I can't stop watching Nathan's LP. Upon first viewing I thought it wasn't very exciting, but then it ended in what seemed a minute and I wanted more! It was totally taking me in...and continues to.
  14. R

Is Michelle Kwan underrated

Wish I had a MK snow globe!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information