Recent content by poths

1. P

From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Is Scherbakova female? Doing quad lutz? If so, I'm willing to bet the following: Eteri is the coach, she's about 12, takes off on the wrong edge, pre-rotates at least half a turn, has no leg muscle so that all the impact is right to her developing bones?
  2. P

Japanese figure skating 2018-19 season news & updates

Michelle Kwan, is that you?
  3. P

UPDATED/CONFIRMED: Evgenia Medvedeva leaving Tutberidze for Orser

For her. Not with her. Asking for some input after everything has already been decided is pointless.
  4. P

Interesting comments from Orser regarding the lack of athlete autonomy in the Tuts group. She would want to change that fast if she plans on lasting in the sport. The ideal motivational climate affords the athlete choice and autonomy over their training. If that is removed, all that's left is...
  5. P

From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

H How can someone be involved in sport for so long and be so dumb to development. A growing body needs more (of the right) food. TT who, herself is morbidly obese, is forever publicly commenting on the weight and eating habits of young women- I remember her flipantly saying the second Satoko hit...
  6. P

So happy to see everyone running from 'win at all costs' Eteri. If you can't teach children technique that will last post puberty, then you can't teach very well. If you drive a student to a life threating disorder, then you need to be invesitgated. If you are pushing a child to physical...
  7. P

Six Nations 2018

Have literally just started to feel human again!
  8. P

Callaghan suspended over sexual abuse allegations

Figure skating may not have a 'Nassar' type figure (please God), but the culture within the sport is potentially more damaging than gymnastics and more likely to facilitate abuse. The fact that someone like Morozov has, so openly, been allowed to have sexual relations with his teenage students...
  9. P

From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

True. Remind me how Morozov is still allowed to coach?
  10. P

From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

ALL of this. RE: Klimov. If he goes looking for another partner, it will be like when Maria Mukhortova thought she could do shit without Trankov. I'm more interested in the WHO gets Soloviev question. Has to be Ilnykh? Surely!
  11. P

Six Nations 2018

It's FINALLY here !!! Whooop.
  12. P

Which women had the hardest competition during their reign

Greetings montrealsurfa. If it wasn't for your username I'd seriously be considering awarding you rudest euro I've read on the board in 15 years. :lol: Being so disrespectful towards a double olympic champion who changed the sport, referring to a 29 year old as a 'granny'! :drama: The youth of...
  13. P

Which women had the hardest competition during their reign

Theoretically it was Chen. Between 1993 and 1996 she had to compete with Baiul, Kerrigan, Witt (94), Ito (96), Slutskaya, Kwan, Lipinski (debut at worlds 96), Bonaly and Butyrskaya = 7 World champions, 9 world medalists, 3 Olympic champions, 7 Olympic medalists. Probably telling that the year...
  14. P

Let's Talk Movies #34 - Kingsmen, Murder, Blade Runners and...IT!

I went to see Molly's Game last week. Did a little googling afterwards. Discovered her brother was an Olympic skier and NFL draft...AND best friends with Sasha Cohen. Now I want to know what she's doing with her life.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information