Recent content by nlyoung

1. N

2020-21 Canadian Women News & Updates

It has nothing to do with pushing. Lots of kids participate in Can Skate which leads to either hockey or figure skating. There are far more opportunities for kids to participate in hockey which can be a fun, non-competitive sport.
  2. N

U.S. Stars on Ice tour, April 18 - May 18, 2019

Thanks :) I went on the Facebook page which gave SPIRAL as the code. It worked as well :)
  3. N

U.S. Stars on Ice tour, April 18 - May 18, 2019

Does anyone have a pre-sale offer code for San Jose? Thanks!
  4. N

UPDATED: Jason Brown to Brian Orser (official)

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose this music precisely because of the relaxed pace, as a way of allowing him time to focus on the new jump technique. I happen to love the first section :shuffle:.
  5. N

The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

My understanding of the petition is that she was denied a particular type of visa, an O-1 Visa, issued to "individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics". My husband is in the US on this type of visa (as a scientist) so I know something about how...
  6. N

Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Not to extend the discussion or anything, but Romain almost never appeared in the K&C with V/M... We don't read anything into that ;)
  7. N

Forthcoming upgrade...

I'm "Willin" too when I am in the Forum Index without access to premium sections. When I enter Strictly Skating it knows who I am... I am a paid member so I assume this is a bug of some type? I see others are having the same problem.
  8. N

The Dance Hall 5: Ice Dance Fans 2017-2018

The justification for this can simply be that they are going with nationals' results. H/D won the event overall with two second place finishes...
  9. N

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

Looking at things objectively, the two top teams are so close together and are both so deserving of the gold, that there will be very little objection if either team is placed first. Looking at the team competition, I think it is pretty certain that Canada and France will support their teams...
  10. N

I posted in the dance thread that the marks at the Olympics won't be as high as the panels will be split. I suspect we will be able to predict the final standings based on who draws for each event, but there is a very high probability that P/C will be ahead in the team event regardless of how...
  11. N

The Dance Hall 5: Ice Dance Fans 2017-2018

Scores at the Olympics will not be as high as we have been seeing unless one of the top two teams makes mistakes before the other has gone, taking away any incentive to hold back marks. It doesn't matter how they skate, there are politics involved, and there will be a "split" panel. There is no...
  12. N

I don't think the tango at the beginning has been changed, they just skated through some of it in the run through.
  13. N

Love the new ending, especially the new lift :) The old ending worked as an exhibition, but it was too "slow" if that makes sense.
  14. N

Canadian Men 2017-18 season news & updates

I think there is a very good chance Patrick will skate the long program. Unlike last time he really doesn't have a great shot at an individual medal, but can help in the quest for team gold. Without a reliable second man to take his place they really can't risk it.
  15. N

San Jose, California will host 2018 U.S. Nationals (Dec. 29, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018)

FYI, if your event is in the North, Center or East rinks of Solar4America Ice (used to be Sharks Ice) you can park and enter either on the west (main entrance) side or on the east side. There is far more parking in the back (east). Not sure if anything will be held on south rink which is the...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information