Recent content by nikjil

1. nikjil

Keeping Track of Criminal Cases & SafeSport Suspensions in Skating

Pennsylvania in the United States.
  2. nikjil

Fact. Today I finished working on the case of a man convicted of multiple rapes of his young stepdaughters. Fact at the time of the rapes he was on parole. Fact at the time of the rapes he had two prior convictions for assaults with a deadly weapon, Fact at sentencing he continued to insist...
  3. nikjil

I’m think you are asking a sincere question so let me give a sincere answer. Yes, young men do stupid things, particularly when under the influence. However stupid “mistakes” can have lifelong consequences for others. Unfortunately, in rape cases people tend to minimize the trauma to the...
  4. nikjil

First let me say how sorry I am that this happened to your skater. In terms of lawyers, it somewhat depends on what you want to do, are you interested in a civil suit against the rink or the abuser or someone to just shepherd you through the criminal process? Sadly, there are now lawyers who...
  5. nikjil

Disgusting! I know these deals spare the victim from testifying and avoid juries who can be tricky with these case but three years is ridiculous!
  6. nikjil

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

I remember reading an interview with Kurt Browning where he said Surya had the most natural talent of any skater he had ever seen. He really blamed her mother for constantly changing coaches and training her in an echo chamber where she never got honest feedback or was encouraged to fix her flaws.
  7. nikjil

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

I was at Worlds 2003. I'd routed for L&A's routine all year, it was the one and only time I ever loved a routine of theirs. On the other hand, while I loved B&K, I loathed their routine that year. Then I went to Worlds, L&&'s routine was awful in person and B&K's was great. It's always...
  8. nikjil

Music group sues NBC, US figure skating pair over use of song during Winter Olympics

Copyrights laws also change over time, I was talking to a friend who was a director of a ballet company, who mentioned that as a result of some trade deal a bunch of classical music that was formerly in the public domain was out of it and they were having to pay for it.
  9. nikjil

Music group sues NBC, US figure skating pair over use of song during Winter Olympics

I would think they’d welcome the publicity which leads to more sales. Over the years ive purchased so much music because someone skated to it and I liked it.
  10. nikjil

I'm sorry, there's a reason that there are lots of warning regarding children taking medication that has not been approved for kids. The same with supplements. These are young, developing bodies and we don't know the long-term effects of medications, particularly if they are not being taken...
  11. nikjil

Tarah Kayne details abuse allegations against sanctioned coach Sappenfield

I have no problem with Brennan's question, she's a journalist, it's her job. If the USFSA didn't expect that the journalist who has been reporting on the story would question one of that coach's most successful skaters, both they and she are fools. As to the mandatory reporter issue, I'm also...
  12. nikjil

Tarah Kayne details abuse allegations against sanctioned coach Sappenfield

So sad for Tarah! Time for the USFSA to stop hiding their heads in the sand and start working to change the skating culture.
  13. nikjil

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya passed away

So devasting.
  14. nikjil

Chris Reed has passed away

So tragic.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information