Recent content by NeilJLeonard

1. N

Ode to the beautiful game 2

The CONCACAF W Champion for 2022 is the USA with a 1-0 win over Canada in the Final. Jamaica defeated Costa Rica 1-0 in the 3rd place game. The USA wins one of the two CONCACAF spots in the 2024 Olympics. Canada and Jamaica will play for the second spot in September 2023. NJL
  2. N

FYI: CONCACAF WWC qualifying has been going on in Mexico. The Group stage is over. The final four teams that are going to Australia/New Zealand for WWC 2023 are Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica and the USA. Canada v Jamaica is the late Semi-Final to be played Thursday 07/14/2022 and USA v Costa...
  3. N

Watched the game. Bit of luck for Wales to score, but dogged defending to prevent Ukraine scoring. The Welsh fans roar at the end was heard live over here loud and clear. As USMNT Head Coach Gregg Berhalter said when asked about Wales being team USA's 1st opponent in November: "Wales...
  4. N

USA 0 v 0 Uruguay wasn't cancelled. Very entertaining despite the score. Was looking forward to seeing how the #1 team in CONCACAF would fare against Panama after that game ended. Got a Canadian Premier League game instead. Now I know why. Which team had the pay dispute and why? NJL (...
  5. N

No sports club/franchise is worth that much money. FYI: USA 2 v 1 Mexico in the championship game in CONCACAF u17 Women's World Cup. Canada 3 v 0 Puerto Rico in the consolation game for 3rd place. USA, Mexico and Canada qualify to play in next years U17 WWC to be played in India...
  6. N

FYI: In U17 women's CONCACAF W Championship semifinals the USA v Canada @ 7PM EDT on FS2 this evening after Mexico v Puerto Rico at 4PM EDT. The 2 winners will go to the U17 WWC in India. The third CONCACAF slot belongs to the winner of the 3rd place game. Both of those final matches will be...
  7. N

The draw to place the 8 teams from CONCACAF for the WWC23 in Australia/New Zealand has given: GROUP 'A' USA Mexico Jamaica Haiti GROUP 'B' Canada Costa Rica Panama Trinidad and Tobago All games are to be played in Monterrey, Mexico with Group games being played on July 4 & 5, 2022, July 7 &...
  8. N

The 8 teams in the final CONCACAF competition for the WWC23 are: USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Panama, Haiti, and Trinidad and Tobago. The USA and Canada will be team #1 in Groups A and B respectively. There will be a CONCACAF draw on April 19, 2022 to place the other 6 teams in the...
  9. N

We will see soon enough. Canada pretty much knows the players they will have in Qatar. The USA, not so much. The sorting out process begins now. That is going to be interesting. NJL (..And the same process for both Women's National Teams will be much the same. Their Octagonal for WWC2023...
  10. N

The USA plays the winner of Wales/Scotland/Ukraine playoff first, then England second and Iran last to finish Group play. Canada plays, in the following order, Belgium, Morocco, and Croatia in Group play. I think that it is possible for both teams to get to the knock-out rounds, but it would...
  11. N

It worked as I expected. The USA's scoring differential was more than Costa Rica could overcome and the USA finished 3rd ahead of 4th place Costa Rica - who won 2-0 vs the USA - behind 1st place Canada & 2nd place Mexico. Costa Rica will now play New Zealand to qualify for the 2022 World Cup...
  12. N

Canada is in and should finish 1st in the Octagonal. Well done. Now the USA, Mexico and Costa Rica will decide 2nd, 3rd and 4th on Wednesday. I am calling Mexico 2nd, the USA 3rd - on goal differential - and Costa Rica 4th. All the other teams have been eliminated. NJL (Maybe)
  13. N

Canada learns the truth about away games in Costa Rica: you do not win there. The USA has never won there either and the USA's last game is away in Costa Rica. Thus, the USA must defeat Panama Sunday to stand any chance of going to the World Cup. The USAs 0-0 draw away against Mexico put...
  14. N

OK, Buzz, the fun will start on July 4 in Mexico when 8 teams will meet to crown a CONCACAF W Champion and play for the 4 CONCACAF teams assured spots in the WWC 2023 in Australia/New Zealand. who will be the 8 teams? Who will be the Big 4? Who will the the not-so-big 2 that will play in the...
  15. N

USA plays in Jamaica at 5PM EST tomorrow on Spanish language TV or Paramount+ in the USA. Canada plays Mexico at home at 830PM EST on Spanish language TV only. I can not find an English language broadcast in the USA. NJL (I hope that US Soccer gets a lot of loot from selling broadcast rights...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information