Recent content by Nadya

1. N

ISU Statement on Russia's war against Ukraine - Participation in international competitions of Skaters and Officials from Russia and Belarus

LOL no. It's usually because of two things, singly or in combination: - you're a "rulemaking" country, so whatever you do goes as there isn't anything anyone in the world can do to stop you - your victims are the type the world doesn't care about; I mean what's a million dead Arabs, really...
  2. N

ISU Statement on Russia's war against Ukraine - Participation in international competitions of Skaters and Officials from Russia and Belarus

Well it's not quite that, you know. It's more like "why are you criticizing me for the same things in which you engage with wild abandon, at a much greater scale and cost?"
  3. N

The Armenian genocide is more than a hundred years old. It's not particularly well known and the consequences of it have not been mitigated. Turkey has never been held to account, nor have they suffered any consequences for slaughtering a million+ Armenians. Of course, we can wait another...
  4. N

Anyone has a right to weigh in on anything. Even habitual invaders of other countries, when they declare other countries wrong and criminal for invading still other countries. Of course, this has as much credibility as a child molester extolling the virtue of unmolested childhood. But no one...
  5. N

Neutrality is a well defined concept in international law. It is best described as "you two fight and I'll make money". But generally, the language of "you're either with us or against us", as practiced by W. Bush, is oppressive. It's not that countries have "opposing viewpoints" on the...
  6. N

Bruno Massot called Savchenko “A tyrant” and said he has PTSD after working with her.

Is it your position that families of kids who were not Olympic athletes in Russia (an overwhelming majority of the population) lived in condemned apartments overrun by roaches and rats, had insufficient and non-nutritious food, froze in winter and lived an otherwise non-liveable life? Remember...
  7. N

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Why were doping bans overturned on 28 out of 39 Russian athletes? It's hard to have confidence in the system that's wrong 75% of the time. Meshumads.
  8. N

Russian figure skating news in 2023

NEVER in Armenia.
  9. N

Bruno Massot called Savchenko “A tyrant” and said he has PTSD after working with her.

You mean I should be able to continue flying business (a privilege of my job) even after I leave said job? And retain all other benefits?
  10. N

Like, they would burn your cabbage patch or something? Take away your sources of food? Don't be ridiculous. There were dozens lined up to replace whoever was stepping down, and they'd probably throw them a very nice sendoff party.
  11. N

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

I don't think Jewishness has anything to do with being raised in Judaism. Secular Jews are still Jews. As far as I know, you can't really stop being Jewish if you don't practice or if you practice something else.
  12. N

It's also a height of cynicism to say "I've done it all and more and suffered no consequences 'cause I'm cool like that. But you, you are not cool, and you should definitely be punished for that same thing." I also feel like it's not entirely inappropriate to remind you that despite the lack...
  13. N

There was a protest in DC by the Russian diaspora on the anniversary of the invasion.
  14. N

Tracking Russian figure skating's support for the war

I don't know that it's helpful for your cause to bring up things that took place in the 1700s and 1800s as the world was certainly not running short on genocidal movements at that point of time. Clearly, it wasn't the cuddliest era in history. In both hemispheres.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information