Recent content by nadioso

1. N

2019-20 Canadian ladies news and updates

Why 2 TBD for Worlds. You would think Alison would be named automatically as she finished top 2 and has the TES mins. It tells me that SC is still considering Daleman for Worlds especially if 4CC results are a disaster. As for JW, we must not forget Carle who beat Schizas at a junior B...
  2. N

Who was once with Mcleod. The point is Ravi is not exactly loaded with skaters.
  3. N

Been reading the more recent posts about coaching. Hairbobo, one thing I notice is that there are some good coaches in Canada that few people are flocking to, You would think that a coach like Ravi Walia would have picked more skaters after Osmond's success. It seems he only picked up Cotop...
  4. N

What should be happening is that all next-gen skaters should automatically be listed as subs for all JGP events. There is no limit to the number of subs to submit to the ISU. It also maximizes flexibility for assignments as the "official entry or entries hopefully" on the ISU list is just a...
  5. N

2019-20 Canadian Men news & updates

Yes Gogolev has a bye to nationals due to podium finish at senior nationals last year. I can see him at least wanting to compete his senior programs at least once before nationals.
  6. N

Sarah-Maude Blanchard is in her last year of junior eligibility and already has a qualifying score for JW this season. Since after this year she ages out, getting a qualifying score on JGP this year won't help her any time in the future. Hannah Dawson is in the same situation but was smart...
  7. N

I never saw Hannah Dawson getting a JGP this year. She is in her last season where she can compete junior internationally and she already has the JGP minimums. Unless she had a good chance of making the JGPF , JGP assignments would do little for her. It is better for her to do senior B and...
  8. N

I see Alison getting a senior B but I don'r see it being Autumn Classic. More likely it will be a senior B that takes place after the Senior Grand Prix starts. In the few cases SC has given a senior B to a JGP bound skater, it has always been a late one.
  9. N

Usually SC wants their JGP bound skaters to be skating junior in summer comps even if they plan to compete senior at nationals. So I would assume that Hannah is focusing on getting a senior B to get the senior minimums. As Hannah has only one year of junior left internationally she already has...
  10. N

2018-2019 Canadian Ladies News and Updates!

Actually , it will even get better. Allison has slayed all the countries except the powerhouse ones ( Korea ,US , Russia and Japan ). So it will be 7 slots She will most likely just miss top 10 finish 11th but great showing. Add on She just beat one of the Japanese ladies so top 10.
  11. N

Well. Alison aced the long. Only a slight UR on the 2A - 3T combo but +GOE everywhere else. If she could put 2 programs together like the long, she definitely could be top 10. at JW. Remember though, the main focus is how many countries have at least one skater that finishes ahead of us at...
  12. N

Tamura has not competed in a junior international last season or this so she does not have a qualifying score for JW. The flip is not a comfortable jump for her either. Cotop did not even try the flip in her SP at the challenge and went for an easier layour. I can finally see the first...
  13. N

She did skate at BC SummerSkate. Total score 148.27
  14. N

Skaters who competed on the JGP can't be chosen for a senior GP event like SC. However I would give those skaters senior B events. That said Pineault and Mallet deserve the slots more.
  15. N

Canadian Pairs 2018/2019 Season News and Updates

I don't think it is a technique issue as much as that Justine is now receiving a lot more amplitude ( height and distance ) on the throws than she ever did with Ostiguy ( her former partner ) . Ostiguy throws small ( does so with his current partner as well ). That increased amplitude makes...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information