Recent content by mrr50

1. M

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

Enjoyed Oppenheimer, but felt sorry for the female leads. I went to elementary through high school with some children whose parents(not Oppenheimer) had been at Los Alamos as scientists(these kids were born in the 1950s). It is an odd feeling to watch portrayals of people you know.
  2. M

Tornadoes

I will never forget driving a college friend home after a tornado in 1974. She lived on a farm not far from Xenia, Ohio. Thankfully it was a grain farm because there was nothing left. Family sheltered in the basement. House, barns, tractors, combines, you name it...it was gone.
  3. M

Alysa Liu retired in 2022 and is coming back in 2024

I don't think DWTS is popular with the senior set either....speaking as a senior.
  4. M

Dancing With the Stars - Season 30

Did anyone watch last night? It was on at the same time as Green Bay. I live in Wisconsin so you know what program won.
  5. M

Fred Willard's character in Best in Show is classic. I wish Christopher Guest would do more movies but I believe he has stated that he is done with mockumentaries.
  6. M

We are trying to keep our local movie theater in business. There were only 3 movies available when it reopened. We picked Godzilla vs Kong. A good movie allows you to suspend belief. My husband and I spent most of the movie not being able to suspend belief.
  7. M

Figure Skating Baby News!

Go with dissimilar twin names. My husband's name is Ron, his twin is Don. It has not been easy. My MIL couldn't keep the names straight, she solved the problem by calling them both YOU. Genius
  8. M

Dancing with the Stars, Season 29

This season was so not worth it.
  9. M

Joe Morgan - Big Red Machine - Dies

I remember the Big Red Machine and Marty Brennanman and Joe Nuxhall on the radio "the old left hander rounding third and heading for home". Joe Morgan was part of one of the greatest teams of all time.
  10. M

Just saw 1917 and it is everything all others have written.
  11. M

Let's Talk Movies #35 – Sparrows and Panthers and Dinosaurs…Oh My!

Saw newest Star Wars installment. I'm not sure what I think. All the odd characters were really good. I not sure I'm thrilled with some character treatment. It'll be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.
  12. M

When is the right time to put puss to sleep?

I have been through this with 14 cats. It is never easy. Talk with your vet, but...is the cat comfortable, does he still love the sun beam or is he crawling away to a dark corner? Good luck and supporting thoughts.
  13. M

Let's Talk Movies #35 – Sparrows and Panthers and Dinosaurs…Oh My!

Another rec for Knives Out. It was very clever. Had not seen Don Johnson for years. Ana De Armas is my new favorite actor.
  14. M

Dancing with the Stars Season 28

Dancing with the Stars seems to have become more of a showcase for ABC properties and political statements during the last few(maybe more) seasons. Who else thinks this might be its last Mirror Ball Trophy winner?
  15. M

Dancing with the Stars Season 28

I didn't notice that Erin talked down to Hannah. Maybe you need to get your knife out of Erin and stop disrepecting other women not named Hannah!!!!!!!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information