Recent content by mella

1. M

ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

I'm hoping when the new Lee Valley rinks are finished we might have an option for London using the O2 with LV as the practice rink šŸ¤žšŸ¾. God forbid the price though considering the GP šŸ¤£
  2. M

Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

The optics were problematic in a number of cases and as I've said the brf need to sort themselves out. But that does not equate to any evidence of W&K being scared. Have they likely spent substantial time around black or other ethnic minorities on a relatively equal footing? Probably not. But...
  3. M

ISU Congress & elections 2022

Good grief. There is an organisation in the UK called Led by Donkeys. They should have a follow of this nonsense.
  4. M

I think @antmanb was making a specific UK comparison? And i tend to agree although I think it was more the success of the team at home than the Olympics themselves. And that too was shortlived. I think the monarchy gives an illusion of unity that will be lost when the Queen is gone.
  5. M

Thanks. I had missed/forgotten that the earlier communication indicated that the vote at the start of the Congress was a tbc. I thought it had been decided that is how it would be dealt with. I do however think that the implicit acknowledgement that legally they think that action against the...
  6. M

In turn is this not an acknowledgement that they have no grounds and no ability to create grounds to exclude them and therefore by extension their athletes? I thought the whole point was they would vote on whether to introduce new regulations and if that was successful the delegation would be...
  7. M

@clairecloutier a few years ago I think I'd have agreed but there is value in the institution for the country. But I dont think there is a tangible benefit to the so called "Commonwealth" countries. @becca I dont think they can do anything that the Prime Minister cannot. Like what? They have...
  8. M

If the royal family are going to continue to preside over the commonwealth they have a responsibility to employ a team who collectively have a clue about the countries they are visiting and the cultural temperature of those places and the world in general. Whether that be W&K (;)) C&C, the...
  9. M

Royalty thread #14: Platinum edition

Ha! Just watched it. Nice touch. I'd read a while back that they'd visited the newly constructed set and thought it seemed a bit overkill but it all makes sense now! Did they do Corrie as well? :rofl:
  10. M

Absolutely. That's my point. But we all now know that flying thst was previously considered "essential" just isn't. When we had to cope we did. And now we're all back to living our lives having our holidays and the environment is a side issue. And that's fine... Unless you're Meghan Markle.
  11. M

Oh come on... In the world we currently live in having navigated everything from personal to business via remote tools - funerals, weddings, meetings etc through covid there is very little that could be classified as an "essential" plane trip. Most of us can't wait to plan our next trip to a...
  12. M

Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Yes. Yes. Yes. Some of.
  13. M

She said long ago she would not abdicate but I'm not aware of any recent reiterations of the position. It's well publicised that she sees it as a life long commitment. But there are tools for her to pass her duties to others as today and as for many honours ceremonies since pre covid. I dont...
  14. M

I think she could pass ceremonial duties to Charles without abdicating. What I actually find very sad is the (rumoured) oposition/reluctance to being seen in a wheelchair. This is apparently rooted in the Queen still being "haunted" by Margaret attending some event in a wheelchair. There are...
  15. M

Indeed... and thankfully your friend was sensitive/self aware enough to recognise that 1. she might have made a comment that was racist and 2. that you were the person to turn to as to whether or not it was in that particular circumstance. All I'm suggesting is that the same courtesy be...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information