Recent content by manleywoman

1. manleywoman

Manleywoman Skatecast #86 with Jackie Wong (podcast)

This time around I've got an amazing interview with Jackie Wong of Rocker Skating. I'm sure everyone here already follows Jackie online. His website at Rockerskating.com is an incredible resource for skating analysis and news. And on Twitter, he's even better, providing play by play coverage of...
  2. manleywoman

Manleywoman Skatecast #85 with Debbi Wilkes (podcast)

A quick update to add that in order to be accessible as possible, there's now a full transcript of this interview available on the website: https://manleywoman.com/episode-85-debbi-wilkes/ Thank you.
  3. manleywoman

I also love that during her broadcast days, she videotaped the judges caught cheating. :) Unbelievable instincts to get her camera crews on that! Thanks for listening.
  4. manleywoman

Episode #85 with Debbi Wilkes is up! With partner Guy Ravelle, Debbi Wilkes was a two-time Canadian National Champion, 1963 North American Champion, and the 1964 Olympic Silver medalist. She later became a television ice skating analyst, an author, coach, and Skate Canada’s Director of...
  5. manleywoman

Skatecast #84: Courtney Jones, British ice dance champion

Happy new year! 🎉 Strap yourselves in for a fun (and long . . . about 1 hr 19 mins) podcast! Episode #84 features Britain’s Courtney Jones. If you’re unfamiliar with his formidable contributions to the sport, here’s a quick (and incomplete) list: This former British ice dancer won the World...
  6. manleywoman

Manleywoman Skatecast #83 with Elizabeth Manley (podcast)

You can sign up on my website for my email newsletter, and you'll get notified via email every time a new one is released. ;)
  7. manleywoman

Manleywoman Skatecast #83 with Elizabeth Manley (podcast)

Just in time for the holidays, I've resurrected my podcast (yes, the first one in waaaaay too many years). Episode #83 with Elizabeth Manley is up! I figured if I was coming back to podcasting, it was about time we had Manley vs Manley! I was thrilled to discover she had heard of me and was...
  8. manleywoman

Aljona Savchenko has been released to the USA to continue her pairs career

Aljona spent some time here in Chicago after the last Olympics coaching the Kneirams. She told me herself she doesn't love show skating, and she really enjoys and thrives on competing. So if she loves to compete and still can, I don't fault her for wanting to continue to do it. I don't agree it...
  9. manleywoman

The Manleywoman Skatecast has a new site

Thank you. :) Admittedly that was a part (but not the main reason) for getting my site back up to speed. I was thrilled USFSA reached out.
  10. manleywoman

The Manleywoman Skatecast has a new site

Hi all. It's been a hot minute (or 6 years) since I've posted. I had to take a step back from the forums for a while. I've relaunched www.manleywoman.com. The site badly needed an upgrade, and is now new and responsive. All previous podcast episodes are available on the site and iTunes, but...
  11. manleywoman

Just saw your birthday wishes. Thanks!!

Just saw your birthday wishes. Thanks!!
  12. manleywoman

Tickets for sale or wanted

Are these taken yet? I'm looking for two all event tickets for Boston nationals. Please PM or email me [email protected]. Thanks!
  13. manleywoman

Judy Garland Fans

She dies so young, and looked at least 15 years older due to the drugs and exhaustion. So sad.
  14. manleywoman

Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

I was there just four rows behind the family.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information