Recent content by lauravvv

1. L

The Dance Hall 12: Boston Tea Dance Party

Well, it's not really a split, but rather a retirement. Honestly, while I liked them, I am looking forward to seeing at least one of the young talented Japanese teams more often at international competitions from now on.
  2. L

The Dance Hall 11: Movin' On Up 2023-2024

Wang/Liu competed recently at the Chinese National Winter Games, they skated well, and Pascal Denis was with them, but Xinyu Liu seemed to be in severe pain after the FD.
  3. L

I am so excited about the ice dance competition at Worlds, despite not expecting any surprises regarding the top three and top five. The competition just to get into the FD and then the competition for top 10 is going to be so fierce. I wasn't expecting Wang/Liu to return to competition this...
  4. L

Oh, seems that I mixed it up with the rule where the sole team taking part at Worlds or Erous has to be top 10 to get two spots. I am really glad to be mistaken.
  5. L

France has only one spot at Worlds, so it's only Lopareva/Brissaud. Really unfortunate, as Demougeot/Le Mercier are certainly deserving of a spot. But I am pretty sure that Lopareva/Brissaud will be able to obtain two spots for France this time, unless they make some serious mistake.
  6. L

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

It was their RD for season 2020/2021 - https://youtu.be/xZW3QJAlCDA?si=ZGTdoEvH_q7vsEoq.
  7. L

Your top 5 '80s RDs

I don't think I can make a joint top 5 of both senior and junior RDs, so I am going to do both. My top 5 of senior RDs would be Gilles/Poirier, Chock/Bates, Lajoie/Lagha, Guignard/Fabbri and Lopareva/Brissaud. Honorable mentions are Fear/Gibson, Reed/Ambrulevicius, Carreira/Ponomarenko and...
  8. L

Not to mention silver at the Canadian Nationals, although, of course, the canadian judges are more likely to go with the established order unless F-B/S make a serious mistake(s) again.
  9. L

Yes, you are right about Euros - it is certainly possible. I thought only about Worlds.
  10. L

Perhaps in the future if they continue at least until the next Olympics, but most likely not this season. Top 10 are going to be three Canadian teams (I am pretty sure that Lajoie/Lagha's first score this season was an anomaly), at least two US teams, Guignard/Fabbri, Fear/Gibson, and the three...
  11. L

Which Smart/Dieck are pretty sure to win, barring really serious mistakes. It's a pity that Spain has only one spot at Euros and Worlds again now that there are at least two good teams - S/D and Val/Kazimov.
  12. L

The Taschlers - https://youtu.be/iunND-F7CeQ?si=_PWcy1vwZXJcIAMZ . Perhaps you just didn't know that they were competing at the Lombardia Trophy, but, in case if you hadn't noticed them before, I assume that you didn't watch last years Europeans and Worlds ice dance competitions or watched just...
  13. L

2023-24 Program Music and Choreographers

Sorry, but you are weird. Just like Takahashi did some years ago, he can enter the Japanese regionals and try to get to Nationals. I don't think that his goal is to get on the Worlds team or anything like that.
  14. L

2023-24 Program Music and Choreographers

Yes, but I am sure Denis is going to skate beautifully to it. And, while it was probably Shae-Lynn Bourne's choice, he is not one to just accept everything he is offered. He wouldn't have agreed to this choice of music if he didn't want to skate to it. And, in any case, we can't blame Denis for...
  15. L

The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Okay, understood. And you are right about the play-by-play thread. Even though Tkachenko/Kiliakov are not among my top favorites (to be honest, I like many junior teams, but have no heavy favorites), I have always liked them and have been wondering for some time when would they start fulfilling...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information