Recent content by kates8

1. K

2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

I’m not sure how much the sparse Chinese audience would know about the accusation. Even at worlds I wonder how much of the audience will be knowledgeable fans versus casual fans.
  2. K

2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

Guess they were panicking at all the unsold seats. It appears they have lowered all seats in some sections of the arena to the same price ($235) for each day (2 events). I already bought tickets higher up for $235 so I have been looking for a way to contact them to move closer to ice but they...
  3. K

Keeping Track of Criminal Cases & SafeSport Suspensions in Skating

Huge distraction for all other skaters. We all know the media will ask anyone they have access to about it
  4. K

Keeping Track of Criminal Cases & SafeSport Suspensions in Skating

Based on how shaky he skated in GPF, he/they may have already been aware and distracted by this investigation. As a parent who had children in skating, I am grateful for the victim to come forward even years later. Her statement was impactful and important “It hit me at that moment that...
  5. K

The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

I think by the time the next Games roll around the Canadian team will be all "young" teams. FB/S are now 34/32 and seem to have injuries each year to deal with - which is pretty common as skaters get older. I think if both teams skate next year that will be their last year.
  6. K

2023 Four Continents tickets

What are people's thoughts on whether or not this event will sell out? I don't want to buy tickets until I'm sure we can come which may be a month or so from now.
  7. K

Ya, I think a lot feel the same about Gilles & Poirier but the judges weren't rewarding them with the quirk and they only started to get better recognition in terms of placements once they played the judges game and became more "traditional - with a side of quirky!". Its sad tho for teams who...
  8. K

Can any non Canadian former skater be a coach at a Skate Canada Club just based on their former competitive results or do they need to go through all the same coaching courses etc as a Canadian citizen pursing a coaching career? I think I recall Scott posting a while ago where he was taking...
  9. K

2022–23 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

Piper and Paul have both posted over past couple of days that they are back training with their Club’s summer training camp
  10. K

State of Canadian skating for the next quad

Nik said yesterday on CBC TV interview that he hurt his back in practice at the Worlds which probably affected his performance and stamina. In the same TV program P&P stated that they had not decided their future yet.
  11. K

The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

All I’m saying is that its presumptive to take them out of next years conversation since we haven’t heard it from them. You say in a post up thread that “It does sound like Papadakis/Cizeron are also retiring but since there hasn't been an official announcement, I didn't mark them off my list...
  12. K

They are doing Stars on Ice shows but I think your retirement statement is a bit presumptive. I’d hate to spread rumours until I hear it spoken from them.
  13. K

When did Gilles and Poirier announce?? I haven’t seen any decision from them
  14. K

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Maybe they should do what the US does every year and do a medal presentation with the fourth place skaters/teams and award a "pewter" so that if the medals are taken away from Russian Team and KV, then the fourth place teams at least got to stand in the olympic medal park and receive recognition...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information