Recent content by Judge Dred

1. J

2018 PyeongChang Olympics news & updates

Vile tirade deleted by admin.
  2. J

Gymnastics News #21 - Tumbling on to Tokyo

I'm not sure about that. Had she not choked during the AA on bars, and obtained the same score on it as in qualification (15.100 instead of 14.200), she would now be AA world champion. It was her significantly underperforming on bars that cost her the title
  3. J

Michelle Kwan (Threads Merged)

If Michelle were still competing today, she could still probably win US Nationals!
  4. J

Hans Gerschwiler Passing Away

RIP He probably would have become an olympic champion had it not been for the second world war. He finally got to compete at an olympics in 1948, finishing second to Dick Button. He had beaten Dick the year before to win his only world title. Its a shame he was unable to compete when he would...
  5. J

What's Old Is New Again: New Articles Re: Figure Skating History

Its incredible that they were still performing in ice shows/exhibitions well into their seventies - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTKrB71kOaw
  6. J

WADA confirm insufficient evidence against nearly all Russian athletes implicated in drug scandal

If you are an example of someone with experience in healthcare, then no wonder it is in such a mess :yikes::scream: It is TUE you toehead!
  7. J

WADA confirm insufficient evidence against nearly all Russian athletes implicated in drug scandal

Talk about the the pot calling the kettle black! It is my considered opinion that you are an idiot. :wall:
  8. J

ISU floats possible changes to judging system

That's right. The fact that 2/5 of the pcs score relates to the old technical mark means that they have not been allocated equal weight. By doing this, artistry only now accounts for 30% of the oevrall score
  9. J

Unfortunately, many fans do not look beyond the last 10-20 years or so, if that. That's why so many GOAT polls are dominated by skaters from the recent past. It really annoys me when I see comments on twitter, youtube, and in social media where skaters from the compulsory figures era are...
  10. J

Love Skate Guard and this thread!
  11. J

ISU floats possible changes to judging system

I would rather see a good triple than a bad quad. I don't want to see FS going in the same direction as gymnastics by becoming nothing more than a jumping contest in which poor execution is not properly penalised.
  12. J

D+R planning QUAD Axel next season?!

Yep - great big joke
  13. J

The Carolina Kostner Thread

Its the type of program that will improve with each competition
  14. J

Retrospective: The 1968 Olympics

A very good comparison and Hana died far too young. Before my time, but her tragic death must have come as a tremendous shock to the figure skating community.
  15. J

Retrospective: The 1968 Olympics

Janet Lynn's international debut. Wonderful. Had not yet even competed at a world champs previously.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information