Recent content by Jubak

1. Jubak

"Go Figure" Randy Gardner Documentary on PBS in February 2022

I used to see Dick pretty regularly up until pre-Covid. His partner really has to take care of him all the time now. He's on a rollator walker but has lost a lot of mental capacity (as of 2 years ago). He was still pretty sharp 10 years ago but have to cut him slack. Lovely man. He gave up on...
  2. Jubak

Dancing With the Stars - Season 30

I actually knew Nick Cordero from the office that I worked at. He was walking on air when Amanda had the baby. He was an incredibly sweet, nice man and I was just so gutted when he got Covid so badly & early in the treatment game. When he started throwing blood clots, I knew that was it for...
  3. Jubak

I just watched the JoJo vs Oliva dance off and sorry, folks, JoJo didn't do much of anything while Jenna danced around her. Oliva did actually do the rhumba with Val, and I'm not even particularly in her corner. Why don't they just give the trophy to Jojo now as it's been obvious that that is...
  4. Jubak

I've been watching "Strictly Come Dancing" from the UK and the of the dances from "Dancing With the Stars" On YouTube. I cannot even begin to say how much better the dancing is on the British show. They are technical and are called out when they don't dance correctly. No matter how much...
  5. Jubak

Dancing with the Stars, Season 29

Well, I can truly say after watching "Strictly Come Dancing" on BBC and how technical the judges are, then coming back to watch "DWTS", I know why I haven't watched seriously all season. Tongue Slobber. I think this is the best of "anything" Carrie Ann crying. Blech. The horrible posture of...
  6. Jubak

Johnny Weir on Dancing with the Stars

Johnny is a bit heavier than we have ever seen him as he's not skating. I will qualify this as "not fat shaming" as he's not fat. The other male figure skaters came right off of their competitive careers. I was expecting more, but darn, what a way to go on DWTS. No Tom Bergeron. No audience...
  7. Jubak

Opera Suggestions, II

And if Gelb had his way, he'd make it a "pick-up" non contract chorus. I hate him!
  8. Jubak

DWTS S26: All-Athletes Edition! (i.e. the DWTS thread for NOT yammering about what happened 24 years ago)

I thought the same thing but yet Madonna did the same thing a number of years ago as a "concept". His wig was what really got me. They should have done at least spiky - K-pop type.
  9. Jubak

DWTS S26: All-Athletes Edition! (i.e. the DWTS thread for NOT yammering about what happened 24 years ago)

Adam & Jenna's freestyle was more suited to SYTYCD. I personally liked it but this wasn't the audience. I thought Carrie Ann would like it since it was very "Madonna-esque" and I knew Len would not like it at all. It looked like choreo that Mark Kannemura did for Jenna when she was on SYTYCD (I...
  10. Jubak

NYC Ballet Fans, part 2

I was able to speak with her recently and she said she was tired of the politicking. I don't think she was forced out, per se, but obviously she was not on the same page as KM. I don't doubt that her schedule was probably reduced as Kwanfan said. I feel really badly for her as it seems like...
  11. Jubak

NYC Ballet Fans, part 2

She was not forced out.
  12. Jubak

NYC Ballet Fans, part 2

Kevin has nothing to do with her retirement. People forget that she is 39, ancient in ballet dancer years. She is slowing down. I know parts of the reason but unfortunately, I am not permitted to reveal them. It's not Kevin.
  13. Jubak

Genealogy research

When you talk spelling errors on the census, I have Canadian ancestors who came down into Chittenden, VT in the 1800s. St. Esprit was changed to Sanspree then of all things "McGee" which seems to have stuck even though there is no Irish or Scottish in this part of the family. Also messed up...
  14. Jubak

2017 Tony Award Nominations

Spacey for me was much, much better than I thought he would be. I saw "Great Comet" and am crazy about the show. It's a wild ride. Groban is terrific, as is the entire cast. I call it "opera on acid." Not at all traditional and it's like nothing ever seen before. Haven't seen "Dear Evan...
  15. Jubak

All Thing PBS

I liked it a lot. 1st epi not slow & sleepy.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information