Recent content by Josh78

1. Josh78

U.S. Pairs 2020-21 season - News & Updates, Part XI

Are they still in Florida? Did they vanish back into the real-world ether due to world events?
  2. Josh78

U.S. Ladies [#28]: Achieving 2020 Vision

Thanks Sylvia, that's what I thought, actually
  3. Josh78

U.S. Ladies [#28]: Achieving 2020 Vision

Is there any replacement that gets called up because Ting withdrew? Currently in a discussion about this with a friend, and we're unsure...
  4. Josh78

What are your favorite 80's movies?

Just thought of a new one in the "guilty pleasure" category --- "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" -- with a young Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt and a SUPER young Shannon Dougherty -- Sarah and Helen play friends who are obsessed with a fictional TV dance show (Dance TV) and it's just funny...
  5. Josh78

Candy You Detest

Circus peanuts (just don't get the point) Anything super sour (there's a line where it goes from pleasurable to just annoying) Fireball jawbreakers (Just don't like jawbreakers in general, but the fireball ones are an extra exercise in hell, as my mouth is still tingling hours later and I still...
  6. Josh78

Bachelorette Hannah

The producers prodding them with leading questions like "Even though (insert guy's name here) has faults, what are some great qualities you see in him?" that they surely are asking the ladies involved...
  7. Josh78

What are your favorite 80's movies?

Serious: The Color Purple (absolutely my favorite film of all-time -- Whoopi and Oprah both deserved Oscars, and you can fight me on that one) Steel Magnolias (Sally Field DESERVED to at least get nominated, and even to this DAY it BURNS me that she didn't) Working Girl (This was a great...
  8. Josh78

Netflix/Prime/Hulu Discoveries

Really happy that it was announced yesterday that "The Society" IS getting a season 2! (but it won't be available until 2020)
  9. Josh78

Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Even as an American, it's clear to me that the terms "regular folks" and "polo" should never be used in the same sentence lol
  10. Josh78

2019-20 Canadian ladies news and updates

The 2018-19 Skate Canada Next Gen team was announced via press release on August 9th, 2018, so I'd assume the 2019-20 team will be announced right around then -- not long to wait, just a month from yesterday!
  11. Josh78

Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Going back through Queen Victoria and Prince Albert they are, since both Victoria and Albert had German ancestry -- Victoria's mother was Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfield, and Albert was Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
  12. Josh78

Bachelorette Hannah

I've been watching off and on through the season (mostly off lately since Luke's prospects have clearly been made better than they probably would otherwise be in any situation actually based in reality) -- it constantly amazes me how people who seem mostly level-headed, strong, and too good and...
  13. Josh78

From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Ff37yj1GE People knock this program, but other than AK, it was my favorite of theirs -- she will be missed!
  14. Josh78

Magnitude 6.4 Earthquake Rattles Southern California

If I remember correctly (and time makes it fuzzy for sure), both epicenters were in southeastern Illinois along the Wabash River (which flows on the border of Illinois and Indiana before emptying into the Ohio River) on the Wabash Fault, which is a northern extension of the New Madrid Fault Zone...
  15. Josh78

Magnitude 6.4 Earthquake Rattles Southern California

I remember feeling both of those (the first one woke me up in the middle of the night and the second one I was completely conditioned for because I was home alone without any other distractions that morning and remember feeling what I thought was a sonic boom -- or dynamite blast from a quarry a...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information