Recent content by jennysk8oboe

1. jennysk8oboe

The 2nd annual "what music would you suggest to skaters that has not been overused or used (lately) in competition? thread

From the mid 70’s—Jerry Goldsmith’s soundtrack to The Wind and the Lion. Would make an incredible pair’s program for the right people. Full of drama, tension and majesty. And I remember many hours of practicing to learn all the notes!
  2. jennysk8oboe

The 2nd annual "what music would you suggest to skaters that has not been overused or used (lately) in competition? thread

Samuel Barber’s Violin Concerto or Bartok’s Concerto for Orchestra.
  3. jennysk8oboe

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

Wonder if the last line in the above article is a hint???
  4. jennysk8oboe

2024 US Figure Skating Championships

Skating guy is right. We are in the handicapped accessible section at the top of section 104. When we told the delightful folks next to us that we were there celebrating our 40th anniversary, they said they were there celebrating their 55th!! Made us feel young!
  5. jennysk8oboe

So at the risk of looking like an idiot, I am nervous about this whole “tickets on your phone” thing. (Yes, I’m a nationals virgin!). I’ve managed to get my tickets into my Apple wallet. But here’s my concern—- can they also be put on my hubby’s phone in case he wants to come later than I do...
  6. jennysk8oboe

Gymnastics News #23: Defying Gravity

The Brazilian anthem sounded like Rossini could have written it!
  7. jennysk8oboe

The Hilton was more per night than my tickets for the four finals! Made reservations for the Hampton for about $100 less per night.
  8. jennysk8oboe

Great news. Called the arena and spoke with someone named Cambria who was quite helpful! Managed to get 2 weekend packages in the ADA section of section 104– just behind the judges, I think. Looking forward to meeting some of you! Apparently the ADA seats are not available thru TicketMaster...
  9. jennysk8oboe

Ugh. Had my spouse call ticketmaster today about weekend package tickets. He was told they were not available yet. What the heck?? This is totally frustrating!
  10. jennysk8oboe

Decisions, decisions! Nationals will never be closer than this to me so I want to go but trying to decide which package. Will likely need handicapped access for my scooter. Please send advice, anyone who wants to. Thanks!
  11. jennysk8oboe

Underused classical music

I also think Dvorak Cello Concerto could make a lovely pairs program. Guess what I’m practicing this weekend?
  12. jennysk8oboe

Underused classical music

I don’t recall anyone using The Lark Ascending for many years. Or either of the Romanian Rhapsodies. Or Don Quixote by R. Strauss. Or every oboist’s favorite: Le Tombeau de Couperin! I also think portions of Respighi’s Ancient Airs and Dances would be lovely for skating.
  13. jennysk8oboe

U.S. Pairs 2021-22 season - News & Updates, Part X

Not what I hoped for Ashley and Timothy. They will be missed. Best to them in the futures.
  14. jennysk8oboe

Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

I keep seeing snippets of Kostornia doing pairs moves on her insta. Is this for real? Anyone know?
Do Not Sell My Personal Information