Recent content by jdonavan

1. J

Savchenko and Massot will not return to competition

Good. 5 Olympic Games is enough.
  2. J

2021 World Team Trophy Ladies SP & FS - Home of the Last-Minute Program Change

It is all based on ISU standings, and the winnings is at least 10,000 per skater for second place (?)...Karen is 17th place ranking and Amber is 30th place.
  3. J

2021 World Team Trophy Pairs SP & FS - No Time for Boikova, 'Cause We Are the Champions

They are solid, but T/T had better elegance, stretch and very unique transitions IMO. This new team has huge potential though.
  4. J

2021 World Team Trophy Men SP & FS - Roman, Nam and Adam on the Road to Nebelhorn

participation is decided by World standings right?
  5. J

Abusive coach is in Hall of Fame

As Leitch is her step father, so I doubt it.
  6. J

U.S. Pairs 2018 - News & Updates, Part VIII

Dear God. This thread. Always the most "fun". PS: "Granny" Evora is younger than both Savchenko and Stellato. Anyway it says they are only teaming up for the 2018 US Open, a competition for professionals.
  7. J

U.S. Pairs 2018 - News & Updates, Part VIII

Don't forget Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski in the "twist height" pioneering also
  8. J

U.S. Pairs 2017 - News & Updates, Part VII

Yes a bit cranky. I saw solid jumps, throws and great lifts with improved twist. Program was nice. Music overused? Yeah, but when has skating not gone that direction in an Olympic year? PS: Alexa and Chris did not perform twist or jumps in their run thru. It is common to leave out elements in...
  9. J

U.S. Men in 2017 - articles & latest news

I saw this too. Today seemed about the same.
  10. J

U.S. Men in 2017 - articles & latest news

Charlie’s championing of Vincent as “the future” - after the less than stellar season he’s had - was pretty mystifying to me, until I remembered that he’s worked closely with Vincent: he choreographed Vincent’s original FS this season. That fact should have been disclosed in the article, because...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information