Recent content by Grannyfan

1. G

2015 - 2016 TV Season

I recently finished a series from Finland called Easy Living on Acorn TV. Best TV I've seen in a while. Didn't even mind the subtitles.
  2. G

Beautiful men in films

It's funny how your opinion of attractive men changes over a lifetime. I remember having huge crushes on Robert Conrad (remember Hawaiian Eye?) and Roger Smith (77 Sunset Strip) as a kid. Both were handsome men, but in my old age I find Tim Roth and Gene Hackman (as he was in Mississippi...
  3. G

Beautiful men in films

I know I'm old, but I just don't get Channing Tatum. His appeal is a mystery to me. A couple have mentioned the young Gary Cooper. The young John Wayne was also very handsome. Another one I haven't seen mentioned, although he wasn't ever a major star, is John Gavin.
  4. G

Beautiful men in films

I agree about Cary Grant, in his middle years much more than his youth. I would call these men beautiful though they're not necessarily the most attractive to me: Robert Taylor Alain Delon Peter O'Toole Rob Lowe Rock Hudson
  5. G

Music when we were young

I remember when Elvis hit it big, but he was more my sister's favorite. I was a teenager in the 60's. For me, it was the Beatles, then pretty much all the groups of the "British invasion." I still love the Beach Boys, the Four Seasons, the Temptations, the Four Tops, and most early Motown...
  6. G

All Thing PBS

I didn't know about The Sandhamn Murders. I'll check it out. Thanks!
  7. G

All Thing PBS

I've watched all the Midsomer Murders except for the last couple of the newest releases. There are so many episodes I forget them and can re-watch just like it's the first time. :) The first sidekick is still my favorite. Others I've liked are Above Suspicion and Scott & Bailey. Also Vera...
  8. G

All Thing PBS

I remember watching it years ago on my PBS station on successive Sunday afternoons before VHS even. It's still my favorite Jane Eyre. Regarding the British mysteries, I highly recommend George Gently. Martin Shaw's (sigh) the detective, and it's set in the 60's. Broadchurch is another good...
  9. G

All Thing PBS

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, so if you haven't watched Breathless and plan to, you can skip this. I watched all of Breathless. Was anyone else as disappointed in the ending as I was? The jerk is the only one who gets out with a chance at some future happiness??? And I must...
  10. G

All Thing PBS

Seems like I read somewhere that two new episodes of Poirot will air on PBS, and the other new ones will be shown, one a week, on Acorn TV, and this will be the last of Poirot. I also read that David Suchet has filmed every single Poirot novel and short story, something like 65 shows.
  11. G

All Thing PBS

I don't think my PBS station carries Miss Fisher, but I have been able to watch the first two seasons on Acorn TV. I love her!
  12. G

All Thing PBS

Me too. The first episode was better than the finale.
  13. G

All Thing PBS

I recorded it and watched it last night. I enjoyed it too, and spent a lot of the time trying to remember where I've seen the two male leads before. The Emily actress reminded me of Justine Waddell, whom I've seen in many British productions.
  14. G

Sherlock Season 3 - PBS broadcast schedule - spoiler-free zone

I love Mrs. Hudson sooooo much! She gets the best lines. "Sherlock, if you've been youtubing . . ." :lol:
  15. G

Fun YouTube Videos

Excuse me if this has been posted already. It showed up on my Facebook newsfeed. If you've ever wanted to help and independent toddler with her car seat straps . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A6Bu96ALOw
Do Not Sell My Personal Information