Recent content by gkelly

1. gkelly

Proposed tech requirement changes (ISU Congress June 2024)

Not in that case Of course, it's highly likely that a quint attempt would be severely underrotated, in which case it might well be called as a quad
  2. gkelly

Proposed tech requirement changes (ISU Congress June 2024)

How would a double walley be marked? Would it just be ignored? Probably the same for any jump not in the SoV.
  3. gkelly

The Good News Thread

According to the article, "While she was filming season 25 of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit on April 10, a little girl who had lost her mom made a beeline for Hargitay, thinking she was a real police officer based on the actress' prop badge." Not because the child had seen the show on TV...
  4. gkelly

"Gold on Ice" April 19, 2024 in Leesburg, VA featuring 3 World champions & a silver medalist!

Any estimate on how many people attended?
  5. gkelly

ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

Before 2001, Junior Worlds took place earlier in the season than any of the senior ISU championships, so it was quite common for skaters to compete at JW and then move on to Euros (or 4Cs in its very brief existence that overlapped with December JW) and/or Worlds later in the same season. I.e...
  6. gkelly

Unpopular Opinions

It was the Duchesnays that first got me interested in ice dance.
  7. gkelly

Wildlife in Your Own Backyard

Looking out my bedroom window, I saw a small bird (sparrow?) sitting on the corner of the balcony above mine. Over the course of a minute or two, another bird of the same species would climb on top of it and flap its wings for a few seconds, then get off, then come back a few seconds later...
  8. gkelly

If dogs (or cats or whatever) were skaters:

Cats would be good jumpers because they always land on their feet. And not being bothered to learn a choreographed program would not be that different from some human jump-focused skaters.
  9. gkelly

Baltimore Bridge Collapse

Yes, Thursday. Another half day off work to accomplish that. But then I might even get to the part of the drive that's unfamiliar while there's still some daylight.
  10. gkelly

Well, I want to go from DC area to New Jersey next week and it doesn't look as though there's a reasonable route that bypasses Baltimore entirely. I'll try to leave early enough to avoid the worst of rush hour and either take the tunnel or the west side of the beltway.
  11. gkelly

Shall I plan to take the beltway the long way around when I go to NJ next week?
  12. gkelly

DOES YOUR RINK HAVE SOLO ICE-DANCE?

There are plenty of skaters at my rink who take ice dance lessons from the dance coaches, test either solo or with the coach as partner, and compete in solo dance competitions. But they take the lessons individually on regular freestyle sessions. There really isn't a solo dance "program" per se.
  13. gkelly

Duchesnays

Starting with the 1988 season, when they first made a splash.
  14. gkelly

Entries

It happened occasionally when a host country skater advanced to the SP (from qualifying round) or to the free skate without having placed in the top 30 or top 24. Then there were 7 skaters in the first warmup group.
  15. gkelly

As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

Yes, it's taken from the section on Mary, but the comment refers to Elizabeth.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information