Recent content by genevieve

1. genevieve

As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

Don't forget plain looking ("just a face" type of guys), yet often draw the attention of The Girl in the book.
  2. genevieve

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

Oh … you just reminded me that last time there was a lunar eclipse here, we went walking to the park near where we were staying to view it and the there was a group that shout-sang that song ON REPEAT for the entire duration of the eclipse. It got old, real fast.
  3. genevieve

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

Only 22% totality here in seattle and it’s raining and super cloudy here anyway so… 🙅🏼‍♀️ But those of you who get to see it - enjoy!
  4. genevieve

Fall 2023 - Summer 2024 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

I am loving this series so much! Never read the book and the original series came out when I was like 10. I can’t wait for the last few eps!!
  5. genevieve

Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

Yes please to Everett or Kent (or Spokane!)
  6. genevieve

2024 Academy Awards (Oscars) Red Carpet & Ceremony

Zendaya has always been good looking, but that dress is awful. It looks like an ironic mashup of Melania Trump's modeling days and her first lady couture. I hope that was the intention and she's in on the joke. I'm bummed for Lily Gladstone.
  7. genevieve

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

This has nothing to do with awards season, but I watched Leave the World Behind last night and WOW what a tense film. I tried reading the book when it came out, and the writing style was so distracting I couldn't get more than 25 pages in. Julia Roberts was really good in it - I can't recall if...
  8. genevieve

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

I mean we did get her world champion swagger. But who knows, the Oly swagger might have pushed her to be a two-time world champ!!
  9. genevieve

UPDATE- USFS Has Named 2024 World Championships Team (Men and Pairs now included)

To save a click... WOMEN'S Amber Glenn Isabeau Levito ICE DANCE Madison Chock and Evan Bates Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko Emily Bratti and Ian Somerville
  10. genevieve

2024 Four Continents/Junior Worlds/Worlds US Team Speculation

I mean, I'm pretty sure the venue had other things going on last week too
  11. genevieve

Live On A Cruise Ship And Visit 135 Countries And All Seven Continents - $30,000/year

Fyre Festival for boomers... can't wait for the competing documentaries on Hulu and Netflix :lol:
  12. genevieve

Survivor S45

Wendell won a season I didn't watch, but it seems awfully early in Dee's post-Survivor victory lap to have so much drama :eek:
  13. genevieve

As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

I posted my 2023 reading list on FB, and the ensuing discussion got me so interested in reading for 2024, even though I have 2 books with me that I am not currently reading on this vacation, and a stack of books at home waiting. Happy new books year, y'all!
  14. genevieve

Yuzuru Hanyu Divorced (updated)

You are
Do Not Sell My Personal Information