Recent content by Polaris

1. P

Yuzuru Hanyu announces his retirement from competition (updated after his press conference)

If Fanyus bother your mental space this much, you should probably 1) create a separate thread to complain instead of attempting to derail a thread, 2) learn how to curate your social media, 3) get off social media altogether. Looking for bad fandom tweets on Twitter (of all platforms, lol) and...
  2. P

Yuzuru Hanyu announces his retirement from competition (updated after his press conference)

It's the end of an era! I've been following Hanyu for close to a decade now and he's definitely the GOAT for me. It's been a rollercoaster ride. Live watching his NHK 2015, GPF 2015, World 2017, Olys 2018 competitions were unforgettable and it'll be hard to surpass them. I expected his...
  3. P

U.S. Men 2021-22 season news & updates

He was definitely the highlight of the Men's for me. He was figure skating in its purest form.
  4. P

From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Wow. After all the years of debating over who gets ladies gold OGM and years of predicting Kamila was a lock for OGM, THIS happens? i'm shocked and have ALOT of questions. Did camp Tutberidze know? Did RusFed know? Did Valieva know? Are Anna and Sasha affected as well? If they aren't, why was...
  5. P

New Gracie Gold Interview About 2016 World Championships and Mental Health

Given the comments she's made about Worlds 2016 since, she's really convinced that she was supposed to win the gold there, which surprises me since from an outsider's view, Medvedeva was the favorite. I'm convinced the US was ready to pull a Sochi to gift Gold the gold if she stayed on her feet.
  6. P

Which Japanese man will be their National Champ?

Lol-ing at all of you who counted Hanyu out.
  7. P

U.S. Men 2021-22 season news & updates

Which coach doesn't do better with skaters who have their jump technique on lock?
  8. P

Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

It shocks me that Alena Kostornaia was lauded as possibly the most complete skater a few years back when the 3A broke into seniors. Fast forwards 2 years and now Valieva has replaced her as the most complete skater and Kosto is in a troubled position for Olympics season no less.
  9. P

Aljona Savchenko has been released to the USA to continue her pairs career

^Wait, I've been gone from here for the last few months. Where'd Tinami go?
  10. P

Aljona Savchenko has been released to the USA to continue her pairs career

Idk what's more shocking - how accurate the assessment of Aljona is, or that the assessment came from Tinami.
  11. P

Russian Ladies news & discussion

Hah? Tessa Virtue has kids?
  12. P

Fans are really getting out of hand

Kim vs Asada happened before social media nastiness really took off. IG / Twitter/ TikTok grew even more exponentially after 2014. The fan wars were contained largely to the forums.
  13. P

Yuna Kim vs Mao Asada. Nathan Chen vs Yuzuru Hanyu doesn't hold a candle to the nationalism and historical grudges that came into play with Korea vs Japan. If Yuna vs Mao happened in the age of social media, it would make Nathan vs Yuzuru and every other rivalry look like child's play.
  14. P

The bigger of a celebrity/star you are, the more deranged fans you get.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information