Recent content by elka_sk8

1. E

2023 - 2024 March to the Super Bowl - Rodgers, Allen, Purdy, Burrows, Hurts, Mahomes et all

I bailed on the game after halftime too- ugh. :wuzrobbed: I feel like someone always gets injured during Ravens games! Was already an uphill battle to make the playoffs this year with the remaining schedule but now I just hope Burrow is ok long-term. That looked bad, whatever it is.
  2. E

Love, Balls and Courting: Tennis V

Surely I wasn’t the only one crying right along with Ash and Casey in that video?? :wuzrobbed Happy for her but also sad we will no longer be able to watch her beautiful tennis. She was so good for the sport both as a player and a person.
  3. E

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Completely agree. Forgive me if this article has already been shared but now that the competition is over I hope to see the conversation steered back to the bigger picture re: Eteri’s abuse. The Russians executed a nice bit of gaslighting with the grandfather story- so much of the...
  4. E

2021 NFL Thread

The games this weekend were insane! Long time bengals fan and and so happy they’ve made it this far! Slightly afraid of the next round, I just hope Burrow doesn’t get injured. :yikes:I was rooting for the Bills too as it would have been nice to have a different team come out of the AFC...
  5. E

Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

I’m super confused about the Olympics qualification process- so Larisa has to qualify as an individual athlete? Is there no chance of Romania fielding a team this year? I thought they actually placed well at the last Euros.
  6. E

Music I wish someone would skate to: 2020 Edition :)

Guilty as charged- 41 here. ;) Such a sentimental childhood favorite!
  7. E

Music I wish someone would skate to: 2020 Edition :)

Both of these are probably more short program material: None But the Lonely Heart by Tchaikovsky Anne of Green Gables (from the 1980s miniseries) ETA- also the Finding Neverland soundtrack, although it seems like someone must have skated to this!
  8. E

Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

Ditto! I have not been paying attention as of late and didn’t know she was back competing again!! She looked great! :cheer2:
  9. E

Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

Same! I really enjoyed it. Binging The Good Place now (streaming on Netflix but it’s an NBC show). Perfect anecdote for all the real life crappiness in the world right now. It’s only 4 seasons and I’ll be sad to see it end (but also glad they didn’t try to string it out further).
  10. E

Gymnastics News #21 - Tumbling on to Tokyo

This inspired me to rewatch a few of her routines and I came across this interview from a few years ago. I had no idea she eventually became a lawyer! And it was interesting to hear more about how she got started and moved up the ranks...
  11. E

Haven’t been able to watch very much but looking forward to the women’s final- Ash Barty has been steadily moving up the rankings and it was only a matter of time before she made a major final. I think she has the edge IF she can hold her nerves. I like what I’ve seen of Marketa Vondrousova so...
  12. E

Vaytsekhovskaya's interview with Medvedeva

Thanks for sharing! It couldn’t have been an easy year for her but she has such a good attitude about it. Happy that she seems to have settled in at Cricket Club and has a good support network. Glad that she ended the season on a high note and can’t wait to see how she continues to develop next...
  13. E

Movie Awards Season 2018-19 Road to Oscar

I am pretty behind on movies this year but just saw Vice. I have mixed feelings about the movie (it felt too soon for a movie about Cheney and it just left me depressed) but Bale was pretty amazing. And I really loved Steve Carrell as Rumsfeld. :lol:
  14. E

Netflix/Prime/Hulu Discoveries

Ok, you all have convinced me to watch The Good Place! Just finished The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, which I generally enjoyed, and The Americans before that (loved!), so was I sure what to watch next!
  15. E

Murray. :fragile: And Aga Radwanska retired during the off-season. My favs are dropping like flies. :wuzrobbed
Do Not Sell My Personal Information