Recent content by eleonorad

1. E

Italian figure skating news & updates

I have some thoughts on this. He mentioned a hip injury in his IG reel and the need for a hip surgery but he didn't go into details. We know that many of these hip issues can be career-ending injuries and in the best case scenario, the recovery is very long and can be challenging (Carolina, for...
  2. E

Coaching Change Thread

I honestly have no idea. As a coach, I don't think it makes any sense. At least if he aims at training international students and compete at ISU comps which in the near future which is probably the case. Anyway he is in Switerzland now so I think he really fooled me :shuffle:
  3. E

Coaching Change Thread

It could make sense actually, I just assumed he would move for some reason but will see! I'm curious to see if any of his students might follow him, especially Kurakova
  4. E

Coaching Change Thread

Not a coaching change exactly but Lorenzo Magri moved to Norway so I am wondering if his athlets are going to follow him there or if they are going to stay in Egna (most likely).
  5. E

Just to clarify, I wouldn't say it's exactly a loophole, it's actually the principle of our right to citizenship and it's not a privilege for Italian Americans. Italian citizenship is based on ius sanguinis (law of blood) as opposed to US's ius soli (law of land). This means that you are italian...
  6. E

Not so add - happy to add some context. These are called "police sports groups" or "military sports group". Athletes can join the police/army by applying to public tenders (not sure of to translate this one), meaning public recruitment processes, where you are evaluated by certain criterias and...
  7. E

The Carolina Kostner Thread

The Bolzano Gala exhibitions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hePx1V48O4s
  8. E

No one. But she could wait a few more years and nothing would chance unless some foreign talented skater decides to switch country. Once Marchei will retire, a golden era for Italian single skating will end (the beginning of the end was Contesti retiring), and she's likely to retire right after...
  9. E

that dress by Cavalli was an old one, she wore it for the 2007 Worlds SP (Canon D by Pachelbel program). The body suit is the new one from the series she designed by herself this year with a new sponsor. I like them both but I have to say that the blue dress is simply stunning! One of the most...
  10. E

Me too. Jumpwise that performance wasn't too bad, but I think she didn't perform the coreography well. Anyways I loved that she tried to interpret the swan her own way and I really wished she had the time to develope it, but she didn't have this chance :(
  11. E

The program was not performed well, the judges were not too kind with pcs and I think the italian federation forced her to change it.
  12. E

I'm so glad that jiggs opened this thread. I cannot describe with words how much I love Carolina's skating. I never skated until I was 19, in 2005. I did watch fs before, but totally randomly. She definetely caught my attention with her olympic short program in 2006. I couldn't care less about...
  13. E

thanks for the rep comment, I hope to see you in Zagreb and also to come back in Finland for an...

thanks for the rep comment, I hope to see you in Zagreb and also to come back in Finland for an ISU event, I had a blast in 2009
  14. E

thanks for the birthday wishes :)

thanks for the birthday wishes :)
  15. E

thank you very much!

thank you very much!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information