Recent content by El Rey

1. E

2023 Skate America in Allen, Texas

Probably resolved already. But if you have an Amex with lounge benefits, that’s means you probably have a platinum card or some other premier branded (Delta) card. They come with all types of amazing travel benefits, insurance and purchase protections. If you have a platinum you automatically...
  2. E

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

I saw Barbie on Friday and didn’t read anything about it beforehand. I thought it was a great movie. I don’t consider it a kids movie, although I think it is totally appropriate for them to see. And I don’t think it’s a girls movie either and will be telling my friends to see it. I also think...
  3. E

Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

I’m a binge watcher, so if they do this I’ll just cancel and come back for one month and catch up on all the shows. Need to actually do this for all the streaming platforms cause it’s getting expensive! And that’s even with me getting some for free from credit card benefits and AT&T.
  4. E

Why are they being so mean to Canadians?? I don’t share my account with anyone, but I definitely use it outside my home. I have a private office located in one of those co-working spaces. I have a couch and tv in there so will have Netflix on a lot. If they do that in US I’ll cancel out of...
  5. E

You should definitely watch episode 3. I also think there was only one short zombie scene.
  6. E

Royalty thread #15: A New Era

I get the “Where are you really from” question from Latinos and others. I’m Mexican. They think I’m from Colombia or Venezuela. Not sure why it matters to them (or really how we can’t look the same). I also get asked if I’m Filipino. Indian. And Vietnamese. Consumed for Korean a few times. I...
  7. E

Delayed Gratification - The 2022 Baseball Thread

Go ‘Stros!!!
  8. E

Regional Cuisine

I wouldn’t call it a regional thing here, but it’s not unusual to see something like a watermelon, arugula and feta cheese salad on menus.
  9. E

Regional Cuisine

What? And a double what? Never heard of cinnamon rolls with chili and don’t even know what a sancho is (other than it being a slang term for lover/affair). I live in Texas.
  10. E

Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Not that it’s right to think about it, but mixed people can have a baby that doesn’t resemble their own skin color. I know, I’m Mexican. All different shades and features in almost everyone’s family I grew up with. I would assume since she’s half black the likelihood her child would be a darker...
  11. E

Jerks and Expensive Cars?

I (Lexus and BMW owner) feel like most of the time pedestrians have it coming to them. If I weren’t so courteous I’d have taken many of them out (in Texas they just walk into the street).........thankfully my fancy car sets off all sorts of alarms to alert me to obstacles nearby!
  12. E

Survivor season 37: David vs. Goliath

Didn’t a player say a couple episodes ago they should vote Mike out because he didn’t need the money? Or maybe it was only mentioned in a confessional? Or maybe not at all? Haha. If they did, it’s possible they will just keep him because they think he won’t get votes cause he already has money.
  13. E

Computer Help

If you buy a laptop, you should get a docking station for it. Then you can plug your monitor, keyboard, and mouse to it. The docking station will essentially make your laptop like a tower computer, except you can just take the laptop off the docking station as needed. I’m not sure if it’s...
  14. E

Two Days in London

I was in London for my second time last week. I went to the Tower of London and didn’t find it too crowded. I visited on a Wednesday morning around 11 and just bought tickets there. No queue to get in. The Crown Jewels were the most crowded part, but there really wasn’t any wait to get in to see...
  15. E

Is Leaving A Laptop Computer In A Hot Car All Day A Good or Bad Idea?

I live in Texas (gets hot!) and leave my laptop in the trunk of my car all the time. It’s kept in a nylon briefcase or backpack. Haven’t had an issue yet.....
Do Not Sell My Personal Information