Recent content by Debrah

1. Debrah

2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

I am watching via a smart TV with a fire stick, using a VPN set to Mexico,+ the Youtube app ISU channel and I am now happier, considering how devastated I, and my usual skating companion - Lise, felt because of not being healthy enough to attend in person as we had planned. It worked perfectly!
  2. Debrah

Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

I am so excited to see the Program progress since 2023 SCI, where they blew my mind with their fab creativity, exciting innovation, and mature, dramatic storytelling, yet again; WH FD brought me to tears (the good kind). Go, TEAM! May they always be rewarded in gold!
  3. Debrah

So who besides me is very excited to see the debut of their new programs for the 23/24 season this weekend at SCI? I am breathless with anticipation! How will they top last season's programs? GO P&P! Should be a very interesting competition.
  4. Debrah

Wow, such a slim and trim, handsome, more mature look for Paul Poirier, a birdie from the arena says they were looking good in practice. Love the FD costumes and wowzer on Piper's RD outfit!
  5. Debrah

In Memoriam

4 years ago today the skating community and this forum (during the very early days of FSU, as a teen into his early 20s, he posted as iceboy) lost one of its brightest lights -- an international ice dance judge from Canada - Sylvain Guibord. My BFF and always the son of my heart - I miss him...
  6. Debrah

Counting the days till their season begins and they unveil their new programs! Go, Team!
  7. Debrah

The Technical Panel: Twizzles - Explaining the Levels

Thank you so much for your wonderful, informative videos! Looking forward to the next one.
  8. Debrah

2021/2022 Canadian Men: News and Updates

If I am really honest, I want Nguyen on the Olympic team with Messing as a bro tag team motivating each other to do their very best, provided of course that Nam is healthy and ready. Yes, very true Roman is a truly beautiful and uber-talented skater and yes he has 2vwonderful programs this...
  9. Debrah

Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi Cheer Thread

Their improvement as a team in such a short time is quite amazing, they look lovely together and I really enjoyed that FD! I am all for any way to keep Dai on the ice performing as long as possible, he's such a huge talent!
  10. Debrah

RIP Prince Philip

A great loss, I am so very sad for the Queen, his family, the Commonwealth, condolences to all those whose lives he touched. The entire world has lost yet another iconic soul, may he R.I.P. I hope the tabloids will back off and give the Queen and her family some peace to heal and deal with this...
  11. Debrah

Congratulations on the breakthrough performances! Gilles and Poirier's competitive programs were always fabulous, but in Sweeden, their delivery was excellent, authentic, and just MESMERIZING. The future might be even brighter for them than even I anticipated, considering that the long knives...
  12. Debrah

The Loena Hendrickx appreciation thread

Loved her!
  13. Debrah

Big shout out for Piper and Paul to skate their best ever this week in Sweden! All body parts being crossed makes it difficult to type, LOL! Perhaps politics no longer favor G&P, but of all the top contender's this week, the loss of momentum due to the pandemic no opportunities to compete, and...
  14. Debrah

2020-21 Canadian Men News & Updates

Nam earned it at 4CC over both Roman and Keegan last season, plus the Silver blinder he skated at SC thus he was the pick for Mtl Worlds and is my pick for 2021. Nam was well on his way to peaking for 2020 Worlds and seems he has actually improved his overall skating since last season from what...
  15. Debrah

Battle of the Blades is returning to CBC this Fall!

Yippee, I finally was able to vote at 1:51 AM, very different rules this season...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information