Recent content by Choupette

1. C

Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

Holding a second all-around would have been the fairest way to handle it, as suggested in the article, but even then, the Olympics are about who is better on the day set for the competition, not who is better on a random day that had to be set because the first day was mismanaged. I'm afraid...
  2. C

It is the culture, the whole mindset that needs to change. You don't half change it. Either respect of the individual is valued or it isn't. I believe the public in general accepted this crap too easily. There should have been indignation at the control Marta held over the girls, even only as...
  3. C

I had never realized before now that Reeder hurt herself punching on the springboard rather than on the landing.
  4. C

I believe Annika Reeder might have been the British gymnast viennese was thinking of.
  5. C

I haven't listened to the podcast, but to me it sounds like she truly listened to the critics and looked within herself. The world would be a better place if more people could do that.
  6. C

She did mention her weight...? I am confused about what you imply because I am lost regarding the timeline.
  7. C

No she didn't. And if this is the sort of behavior she exhibits, it should come as no surprise that she would be among the last criticized. When you say "my coach physically hit me", you know that a clear line is crossed and that it will be interpreted as such. When it comes to lineups, bogus...
  8. C

I don't feel differently now about gymnastics than I used to. I used to roll my eyes at fans who would say about an elite gymnast or another that they didn't work hard enough, and the Karolyis never duped me. I would watch the American broadcasts because they were what was available to me, but I...
  9. C

It could be that Larsson was a favorite, and happened not to contradict Kondos-Field?
  10. C

She sounds like she is the 1920s.
  11. C

How I wish she would have had the freedom to ask her father for permission to train at Alexandrov's new gym until the Olympic Games. She wrote he was good at training her in a way to avoid injuries. I would have loved to see Alexandrov's final product. I'm confident she would have avoided that...
  12. C

Yes, he coached Kerri Strug for some time. I can't recall her speaking about Karolyi, so I don't expect her to speak out about Nunno. I have little idea what Nunno has been up to in the past 15 years or so. Is he even coaching and if so, what level his gymnasts are generally aiming at? We...
  13. C

That was also my first thought upon learning that fact, hence why I had to remind myself that he was already established internationally. The Soviets seemed really open when it came to selecting music even if they favored classical styles at the time. I think Nellie Kim's 1980 or Frolova's 1988...
  14. C

Yes, and for several years. You just got me thinking: it's most probably a coincidence, but the first world championships which would have used this music took place in 1985, in Montreal: same province as the composer.
  15. C

You are welcome! :) I had forgotten the title, but figured it would come back to me while taking a look at the compositor's discography. It's huge, but as I suspected, I didn't search too long before it triggered my memory. I remember my huge surprise when I found out it had been composed by...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information