Recent content by CaptCrunch

1. C

The ALL NEW Youtube thread!!

In 89 Yamaguchi was most definitely a rival to Tonya Harding. They met a few times that year had club events and Pacific Coast Sectionals. Every time Tonya would win the SP but then Kristi's consistency would come thru and she would beat Tonya in the LP. Yamaguchi skated lights out at Pacific...
  2. C

Trenary did skate beautifully at that Sports Festival in 1986 in Houston. Out of Africa is gorgeous music. Too bad ESPN didn't show Tonya Harding in the LP. She skated great too. Technically she was fantastic. Trenary ended up beating Harding on a 4-3 split in the LP. BTW, the only time I ever...
  3. C

Regarding G/G; IMO their worst performance as eligibles came at 1986 Skate Canada in the LP. Definitely worse than that SP at 1990 Euros.
  4. C

I loved Valova/Vasiliev, probably my all-time favorite pair. but I agree that they never should have won in 83. They should have been 3rd behind both B/T and U/M. Hard to pick for 1st between the East Germans and the Canadians.
  5. C

Great video!! Interesting that wikipedia, usually an excellent source, got it wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_World_Figure_Skating_Championships
Do Not Sell My Personal Information