Recent content by Barbara Manatee

1. Barbara Manatee

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

Holy cow, I had no idea! Solar flares and the diamond ring and the weirdest light ever. I’m gobsmacked
  2. Barbara Manatee

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

We came to visit family in full eclipse Ohio while fully expecting to see nothing but heavy clouds and cold rain as usual this time of year. Currently not a cloud in the sky - still could change but I’m getting excited!
  3. Barbara Manatee

Royalty Thread #16: the best of times, the worst of times

I saw that article too, but the other quotes in it make it clear the "palace insiders" aren't legit. Obviously nothing Camilla would ever feel or say. If any details of the type of cancer or prognosis is out, no one in traditional media is reporting it. Perhaps the trolls have just come up...
  4. Barbara Manatee

Davis/White #37 - New Horizons

What an honor for Meryl! I see see she's still not skipping arm day. Yay for ice dance reunions! I do miss seeing my old ride or die teams skate. :GnP1:
  5. Barbara Manatee

Baltimore Bridge Collapse

Yes, I watched a longer video than the news clips - you can see the ship lose power and a few moments later the amount of traffic on the bridge drops way off. It's horrifying watching the cars as the ship gets closer and closer. I'm screaming to myself 'Faster, faster, drive faster!" Thank...
  6. Barbara Manatee

Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Kate looked the farthest thing from a scapegoat or pawn in her video - she seemed resolute and brave to me. Who do you think could or would force her to do it, and why would they? After my surgery the doctors said relax, everything looked normal. It took a couple of weeks for one of the samples...
  7. Barbara Manatee

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

I'm all for 2 or 3 teams jostling for the podium every year. I think it makes them better skaters and better competitors. And it's a lot more fun for the fans. I really enjoyed the years when the Shibs, Hubbell/Donohue, and Chock/Bates were trading places.
  8. Barbara Manatee

Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

I'm still shaking. What a competition - this is a night to remember.
  9. Barbara Manatee

Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

I agree, no one is obligated to step aside. They should quit on their terms and their time. But I think the reality of the younger generation just having to 'step up and beat them' isn't that straightforward. There's a limited number of spots at competitions, in shows, at the best training...
  10. Barbara Manatee

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

Green and Parsons weren't thrown anywhere, they were out-skated. They and Bratti/Somerville can and likely will rebound from their mistakes, but in the meantime US ice dance is doing very, very well.
  11. Barbara Manatee

She said it was preventative chemo, which I take to mean they don't see any tumors and there are no sites to target with radiation. That leaves chemo as the only option to take out any random cancer cells that might be floating around.
  12. Barbara Manatee

I'm guessing she did the photoshop because at a moment when she probably felt out of control and terrified, she wanted a picture that looked happy and perfect because maybe if you pretend everything is okay, somehow that will make everything actually okay. And perhaps the staff went along with...
  13. Barbara Manatee

How awful. I hope this means it was caught early. When and why? It's seems as though the diagnosis wasn't made until fairly recently, but regardless, she clearly didn't want to announce it until now. Doubtless the PR could have been better. But I think the entire responsibility for the awful...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information