Recent content by AndyWarhol

1. AndyWarhol

U.S. Ladies [#17]: Heading to Helsinki in a Handbasket

I feel like Winner Takes All is a bad omen. But I would never walk under a ladder etc....
  2. AndyWarhol

Interview with Rafael Arutyunyan

I love the short interview format too. I generally don't have time to watch a 40 min / 1 hour long video in between work/skating/life, so these are perfect :)
  3. AndyWarhol

Losses You Have Successfully Grieved

I lost my father when I was 13, and a brother when I was 23. My dad had been mostly absent from my life (divorced, remarried with new family etc) and it shocked me how much it hurt when he died (he was killed in a place crash). I don't remember grieving at all, I tried to just get on with...
  4. AndyWarhol

What do I wear? (Electric Boogaloo)

I went with big heels in the end, and the interview went well. Fingers crossed! :)
  5. AndyWarhol

ooh I love those witch shoes! One of the things I love about living in Melbourne is the darker style. I was called a goth my entire life back in Perth, but now I'm the norm :lol: Im going to invest in a pair of cool but comfy heels for work. Ive been able to wear my biker boots most days at my...
  6. AndyWarhol

Thank you!! :) I actually think they are pretty cute, they have a retro vibe. Im pretty much a dress/skirts only gal (my skater thighs do not look good in trousers hehe). Im interviewing for assistant to the creative director for a fashiony company, so Im going to go with the big girl heels...
  7. AndyWarhol

I know!!!!! :violin: I have my clothes sorted, It's just the damm shoes. I've been stalking images of the woman who I would be working for, and she always wears heels, so perhaps I will bear the pain.
  8. AndyWarhol

I have a job interview today…. Im trying to decide between flats and heels. Ahhhhg.
  9. AndyWarhol

I cannot believe how some people that I have interviewed has presented themselves. One woman came in her yoga gear - leggings and a crop top. I've had another in blue jeans and a slouchy jumper. The position was a marking assistant for a fashion label. (neither were hired) I think a suit can...
  10. AndyWarhol

Yeah, that's what I said "if you can" in my first post. Nothing worse than looking like a drunk flamingo at the beach.
  11. AndyWarhol

:( But black is so chic! I am a Melbournian though hehe. 100% black 100% of the time! A friend of mine who works in upper management of a large construction firm was recently told she had a chance to make it at the executive level, "despite being a woman" because she is slim (no distracting...
  12. AndyWarhol

I would still go with heels myself. Pretty much all the women I know (or style) that work in those industries, which are very male dominated, wear heels. They are more executive types though, not out in the fields etc. I personally only wear heels at weddings or funerals. And even these days...
  13. AndyWarhol

For skirt or pants, wear which ever you feel more comfortable/suits your shape best. I would advice a strong coloured blouse that suits your skin tone, and as much as a HATE this, if you can handle them, wear heels if dealing with men. It sucks, but you will get more respect with every extra inch.
  14. AndyWarhol

I think it is totally fine to wear a dress for an interview, but I would team it with a fitted blazer instead of a cardi :)
  15. AndyWarhol

Point that toe!

Point that toe!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information