Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

Laura4

Found this on Tumblr:

In addition, two-time “Dancing with the Stars” Mirrorball champion and Emmy-nominated choreographer Cheryl Burke returns to the ballroom with a special performance from her 30-city tour, “Love on the Floor.” The live dance show kicks off its national tour of intimate performing arts theaters across the country on October 17 in Palm Desert, California.

No word on whether Meryl and Charlie will be involved in the U.S. tour. Cheryl did say that she has a big announcement to make on Monday, so maybe we'll find out then.

Barbara Manatee

I'd be surprised if Meryl and Charlie (or Dai and Kristi) had that much time available. Maybe they can do a limited run, though I don't know how that would work. I wonder who she's signed on as the main draw?

DreamsofBliss

Found this on Tumblr:

In addition, two-time “Dancing with the Stars” Mirrorball champion and Emmy-nominated choreographer Cheryl Burke returns to the ballroom with a special performance from her 30-city tour, “Love on the Floor.” The live dance show kicks off its national tour of intimate performing arts theaters across the country on October 17 in Palm Desert, California.

No word on whether Meryl and Charlie will be involved in the U.S. tour. Cheryl did say that she has a big announcement to make on Monday, so maybe we'll find out then.
The source for this is Broadway World.

Laura4

I can't imagine that Cheryl would want to do this tour without Meryl, Charlie, Dai, and Kristi, as I'm sure she knows that many skating fans want to see the show specifically for them. But a thirty city tour is a huge commitment, and I wonder if any of the skaters are going to be up for it. Guess we'll find out tomorrow night during the Dancing With The Stars show.

mollymgr

30 cities translate to at least a couple months of touring. If it starts on Oct 17th, it could definitely go on until the end of December. I wonder if that will mean no Disson shows since those typically fall in that time frame, or if they will somehow make it work around everything else that is going on. I'm excited to see what will be announced.

DreamsofBliss

Some listings are starting to show up and they are billed as being on it with Cheryl Burke. Still unclear if they are doing all, but it definitely looks like they are doing many.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Last edited:

DreamsofBliss

yay! I was only hesitant to say they were doing all of them because the San Diego listing just said starring Cheryl Burke.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Here are the cities and dates I've been able to gather so far:

Oct 17 - Palm Desert, CA
Oct 18 - San Diego, CA
Oct 20 - Riverside, CA
Oct 25 - Midland, TX
Oct 26 - Austin, TX
Oct 27 - Houston, TX
Nov 1 - Cedar Rapids, IA
Nov 2 - Sioux City, IA
Nov 3 - Ames, IA
Nov 4 - Hammond, IN
Nov 5 - Milwaukee, WI
Nov 8 - Fort Wayne, IN
Nov 9 - Indianapolis, IN
Nov 10 - Louisville, KY
Nov 12 - Albany, NY
Nov 14 - Washington DC
Nov 16 - Reading, PA
Nov 17 - Richmond, VA
Nov 18 - Morristown, NJ
Nov 19 - Englewood, NJ

Last edited:

mollymgr

I don't think I've ever been this excited about news in a long time. The last time was probably when their skating music leaked during the Sochi Olympic season.:lol:

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
Omg! This is such exciting news! :cheer: I really hope they come to CT or RI, somewhere near here; if I need to I could drive to Reading...but it'd be so nice if it was close by.

Barbara Manatee

Thanks for the report TanithandBenFan! Interesting to read that you think LOTF has enriched Meryl and Charlie's skating - I was just wondering what this long tour might do for them. They were always fearless athletically but they have such emotional assurance now. If I don't get to see LOTF :wuzrobbed at least I can look forward to their next round of exhibitions.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Ahhh, you mean at Worlds in Helsinki? Lucky all those fans who enjoyed the opportunity to speak to M&C and Hailey. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information