Survivor: Game Changers (Season 34)

alexikeguchi

Okay, both those boots were kinda WTF. I agree with Hali that there were much more obvious targets than her, and there seemed to be good potential for a blindside given lots of overconfidence. As for the second tribal council, Zeke is a lot more dangerous than Ozzie, and I don't know what Debbie was thinking to waste her extra vote on that maneuver, and so early in the game as well; she truly is certifiable. Finally, I can't believe Ozzy is still harping on being a provider and chastising the other players for not considering their food supply; that's so old school, not exactly the strategy of a "game changer."

smurfy

Yea! Cirie! Finally!
I loved how Cirie is mentoring Michaela. I really like Michaela, she has potential, but not now, but I would love her to see her come back in 5-10 years- once she has matured, she will be a major threat.

Sierra is so cocky - and it is being shown, so I hope that means she will be gone soon. What has she done this season other than aligning w Culpepper? She was so weak in real season, I assume in reaction to that jerk Foley's treatment of her.

Zeke- please listen to Andrea when she says to not share with Debbie and Tai- they r not trustworthy.
I would love for zeke, cirie, Andrea, Aubrey, with Sara to form an alliance to vote out Sierrra, Troyzan, Culpepper, Debbie and Tai.

Debbie- you played your extra vote and it did not impact the outcome, u wasted your advantage. She is so sure of herself, but can not see what is around her.
Debbie and Tai need to go

Sad to see Ozzie go, but anyone else can not be faulted for voting him out when he does not win immunity.

I do love how this games changes. Michaela was barely mentioned as being voted out in the 2nd tc.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
The extra vote twist has been used in 3 seasons and has never been used properly to make an impact. Dan completely wasted his to ensure his own safety to force a tie (but I was fine with that, since he's the world's largest douchebag), Jason was voted out despite using it, and Debbie had no need to use it when Ozzy was already set to go home 6-4 to start with.

(Thanks, Wikipedia, for the refresher :saint: )

Jenny

From the Bloc
I thought she should've taken the team advantage to win favours on her new team, but if I had had a second vote, I would have saved it for a time when a) I was in danger and/or b) later in the game when there are fewer votes and one extra could make all the difference.

And, while someone like Ozzy values different qualities in a player, I could also see that if it comes down to it, he's going to remember that she went out of her way to give him two votes, especially when he was already going home.

BaileyCatts

What was the vote breakdown on who voted for who? The count didn't seem right to me unless I wasn't paying attention? Why did Cirie vote for Sierra? I didn't hear what she said.

Jeff needs to stop trying to get Ozzy a win. It will never happen. They could have Ozzy on every single season from now til the show is canceled and he will never win. He will always get voted out when they have the numbers against him because he is such a Challenge beast. I agree Zeke should would have been a better target because if he is in the Finals, he wins, but you gotta get Ozzy when he loses a Challenge because it rarely happens. :p

PeterG

Okay, both those boots were kinda WTF. I agree with Hali that there were much more obvious targets than her, and there seemed to be good potential for a blindside given lots of overconfidence. As for the second tribal council, Zeke is a lot more dangerous than Ozzie...

I was thinking while watching Hali plead her case that if I had been in her spot, I might have stood up, faced everyone, and then emptied out my bag and begin to strip off my clothes, all while saying, "I do not have an idol!" And I do NOT have a beach body! :lol:

I don't think Zeke is a lot more dangerous than Ozzy. While Zeke is strong as a thinker, he only managed to come in ninth in his original season. So he has ideas, but he's not strong in making them actually happen. Ozzy on the other hand, came in second and fourth in two of his seasons. Plus he's a challenge beast, which sways a lot of votes one's way in many people's minds.

Debbie- you played your extra vote and it did not impact the outcome, u wasted your advantage. She is so sure of herself, but can not see what is around her.

As for Debbie's use of her vote, she's working with four other people: Brad, Sierra, Tai and Troyzan. This group of five were able to swing Sarah to their side in episode two last night. Sarah voted AGAINST Debbie and her other four people in the first episode. So Debbie and those four had five votes versus six other players. Those six had the power to break up the Debbie/Culpepper/Sierra group, but they splintered and let those five people have more power over the remaining six people. Mind you, Zeke had made that other group implode, so things were a mess. Debbie used her vote as they were unsure of whether Sarah was going to flip on those she voted with in the previous tribal council or not. Debbie using her vote assured that there would be a six-six tie if things went bad. She wanted Ozzy out bad enough to potentially waste her vote...smart move in my opinion. Ozzy had to go.

What was the vote breakdown on who voted for who? The count didn't seem right to me unless I wasn't paying attention? Why did Cirie vote for Sierra? I didn't hear what she said.

The Wikipedia page breaks everything done really well. I refer to it often. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Millennials_vs._Gen_X

Aubry and Ozzy flipped on the group of seven they voted with in the first episode last night. On the other side, Sarah flipped from the smaller group and voted with the Sierra/Culpepper group to form a voting group of six versus six. The other six did not stick together, so there was a foursome of Aubry, Andrea, Ozzy and Michaela left basically powerless as Cirie threw her vote away by voting for Sierra and Zeke threw his vote away by voting for Aubry. I'm guessing the editors of last night's episode didn't want us to see Culpepper/Sierra's group throw Zeke under the bus by making Zeke think they were all voting for Aubry. As for Cirie, I'm guessing she knew Sarah flipped on her, so it was six against six...but Zeke wasn't part of their group anymore, so her vote didn't matter. So Cirie used her vote to plant some paranoia seeds in Sierra's head.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
Cirie said something along the lines of "just to shake things up" when she did her vote, so I'd say you're right there, PeterG.

Jeff needs to stop trying to get Ozzy a win. It will never happen. They could have Ozzy on every single season from now til the show is canceled and he will never win. He will always get voted out when they have the numbers against him because he is such a Challenge beast. I agree Zeke should would have been a better target because if he is in the Finals, he wins, but you gotta get Ozzy when he loses a Challenge because it rarely happens. :p

Jeff didn't want Ozzy back. CBS did. http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/20/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-ozzy-hali/

BaileyCatts

^^ Wow, really? I thought sure it was Jeff pushing for Ozzy. I don't know who I am thinking of then, because for some reason I thought Jeff was always pushing for Ozzy when they brought people back. Nevermind! :lol:

smurfy

As for Debbie's use of her vote, she's working with four other people: Brad, Sierra, Tai and Troyzan. This group of five were able to swing Sarah to their side in episode two last night. Sarah voted AGAINST Debbie and her other four people in the first episode. So Debbie and those four had five votes versus six other players. Those six had the power to break up the Debbie/Culpepper/Sierra group, but they splintered and let those five people have more power over the remaining six people. Mind you, Zeke had made that other group implode, so things were a mess. Debbie used her vote as they were unsure of whether Sarah was going to flip on those she voted with in the previous tribal council or not. Debbie using her vote assured that there would be a six-six tie if things went bad. She wanted Ozzy out bad enough to potentially waste her vote...smart move in my opinion. Ozzy had to go.

The Wikipedia page breaks everything done really well. I refer to it often. :D
Thanks for info on Wikipedia. And you info on Debbie and the vote, I did not see it that way.
I really wish each episode could be longer, so much going on that is not shown.
It is fun to read all the stuff after an episode airs, but then I feel like wow- did I miss stuff?

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Debbie using her vote assured that there would be a six-six tie if things went bad. She wanted Ozzy out bad enough to potentially waste her vote...smart move in my opinion. Ozzy had to go.

For this season, a tie would have gone straight to rocks for everyone else without a revote, so if that was the case, Ozzy would have been safe with Zeke (and Tai, who had immunity) and everyone else, including Debbie, would have been at risk.

PeterG

For this season, a tie would have gone straight to rocks for everyone else without a revote, so if that was the case, Ozzy would have been safe with Zeke (and Tai, who had immunity) and everyone else, including Debbie, would have been at risk.

Debbie wasn't planning on a six-six tie. She was just willing to risk a lot to get Ozzy out. If a six-six tie occurred, she gained the knowledge that Sarah was not to be trusted. If her gamble paid off, she not only got Ozzy out, but now has bragging rights that it was basically a Debbie vs. Ozzy show-down and Ozzy is powerless versus a foe such as Debbie.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Are there really bragging rights for voting out Ozzy? It's not like Sandra who had never been voted out before, or that Ozzy's social game is such that it's hard to rally votes against him, or that he wasn't going to be targeted the next time he didn't win immunity.

alexikeguchi

Booyah! I know that it's good strategy to keep an annoying loser around to the end, but Debbie is truly unbearable. Thank you, Sarah, for kicking her to the curb. However, she probably just made herself a target. At this point, I can see Tai, Cirie, Aubry, and actually Michaela making it to the end because they aren't showboating and attracting unnecessary attention. That seems to be the safest strategy in this particular season.

:D Oh and I loved Mykaela enjoying her snacks during the reading of the votes.

Me too!

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
The only thing that makes Debbie's boot more delicious is knowing that she completely wasted her extra vote advantage in the previous tribal council, where tonight she could have used it to force a 6-6 tie and save herself (as everyone else sans Andrea and Troy would have to draw rocks).

Then again she was so ridiculously overconfident that nobody was going to flip, I don't think she would have used it properly anyways even if there were red flags beforehand that she would be receiving votes.

ETA: Sarah wins the award for doing their homework the best to improve on their game from their first go around.

Chemistry66

Honestly I'd kind of want to take Debbie to the final because she's so crazy that I just wonder how anyone would vote for her.

But on the other hand, I'm glad she's gone because she's nuts.

PeterG

I'm so interested to see how long Sarah can stay in this game. To me, she's making the biggest moves...which will eventually bit her in the butt. I was thinking that she'll get kicked out for "flipping" and not being devoted to...whomever. But are Survivor players past that spiteful way of playing and accepting that it's more about strategizing than flipping? I think Zeke is making bit moves as well, but it's like he keeps picking up darts and throwing them with everything he's got...but each dart lands on the group with a big thud. Whereas Sarah just keeps nailing it every week. She's been the deciding vote for the last three tribal councils, each time with a different voting block than the tribal council before. Amazing. :respec:

Jayar

I think Sarah is getting the winner's edit, and the fact that she said that she would be the first to use her advantage correctly leads me to believe that she will do so. She's got the social game, is strong in challenges, and is figuring out a way to keep her name out of the conversation.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
the fact that she said that she would be the first to use her advantage correctly leads me to believe that she will do so.

Exactly. As soon as she said it last night, I figured that somewhere down the line, she's going to have a huge move using the advantage. She is getting a great edit (including the whole speech during the Zeke/Varner incident) and wouldn't mind at all if she made it all the way.

Every time they bring back all former players, I feel like I'm going to be bored. Yet once again, this is turning into a great season.

BTW- Debbie drove me crazy, too, but the few minutes she freaked out on Culpepper earlier in the season were some of the funniest moments ever in Survivor. :rollin:

BaileyCatts

:rofl: I love it when someone gets voted out and is ssssoooo confident that it won't be one of "their" alliance, and then boom .... its Debbie. :rofl:

I can't believe not only Michaela, but not a single other person except for Sarah, saw that Advantage! No one else even attempted to try to get it, so no one else saw it either. Its not like it was hidden or anything, and it had great big capital letters saying SECRET ADVANTAGE!. :duh:

smurfy

Enjoyable vote. ITA - Sara is getting a winners edit.
Chemistry66 - I am with you - Debbie is annoying, but not a bad goat to bring to the end.
As much as I appreciate getting Debbie out - Culpepper and Sierra are still there. Before the vote I was trying to decide of the 3 - which would be the best to vote out. I can see arguments for all 3. But not a bad choice.
As I said in an earlier post - I want Michaela to return in 5 or more years - after she has matured some. She is very smart, but I think with age, comes wisdom and if she could improve her social game - major threat.

Back to the edit.... my thoughts:
Sierra - too much of her being gleeful/cocky
Troyzan - other than winning the immunity, he has not been shown all that much recently
Culpepper - similar to Troyzan.
Aubry - seems under the radar
Other potential winners based on edit - Cirie? (which I would love), Andrea or Zeke?
I appreciate Sara's move - as at least for now we are avoiding a pagonging.

jkl

;)And Sierra and Tai thought they were leaving. Andrea proved to be a force to work with.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
;)And Sierra and Tai thought they were leaving. Andrea proved to be a force to work with.

Tai didn't think he was leaving. He has two idols still yet to play. With 9 left and being able to lay low to this point (targets much more on many others), I think his chances of getting to the end again are very good. But again this time I don't see him getting any votes.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Loved watching the 2 people who both currently have idols in possession talking about whether idols might exist. They need to 'fess up and strategize with those puppies.

Personally, I was hoping for one of the 4 to win immunity and then Tai and Troyzan play their idols for the other 3 just to see the looks on the faces of the 6. Oh well, maybe next week.

jamesy

delightful
Stay classy, Debbie. I hope she keeps some of that bitterness in her until final tribal council. :watch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information