The Voice - Spring 2017 (threads merged)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The Voice is back on Monday, 27 Feb, on NBC. Judges are Adam, Alicia, and BlakeGwen (still a couple, I believe) and Carson continues as host.

flyingsit

Ugh, Gwen is such a waste of airtime. I don't think she has made a single useful comment in the history of the show.

Aceon6

Ugh, Gwen is such a waste of airtime. I don't think she has made a single useful comment in the history of the show.
I'm looking forward to watching Alicia's comments and critique fly right over Gwen's head.

Allskate

I might tune in for the first episode and see how it goes. I'm so sick of Adam and Blake, and I have never liked Gwen. I do like Alicia, and I'd be curious to see what she has learned from last season. But, I don't know if I can take a whole season of this panel, especially if they don't have better contestants this season. I wish they'd bring back Christina. And then bring in some new blood.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I couldn't believe the first singer Jchance picked Gwen. Major mistake on his part. 3rd guy totally oversang the song. He'll be out quick.

Glake are already annoying. I'm pulling for Alicia to win this season. And I really miss Xtina. With the exception of Tony who she had issues going back to the Mouse days, she was never mean, but she was honest.

My favorites were all the R/B singers, especially the last woman who sang with Alicia.

I can't believe how beautiful Alicia is with no make up.

Last edited:

Allskate

I couldn't believe the first singer Jchance picked Gwen. Major mistake on his part.

ITA.

I've always found Gwen so annoying. She's even worse now that she and Blake are dating. That romance is more annoying than the Blake/Adam romance.

I wish they hadn't lowered the age. I don't want a bunch of kids on the show.

Felicia was really good, but I don't think she's the type of singer who wins this show. She is totally Alicia's type, though.
Anatalia and Lauren were also good.

KCC

Lauren is my cousin's daughter! I've followed her singing since she was a young girl (I even have one of her home made CD's), so it is nice to see her do well in the audition.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Anatalia needs to be signed & promoted NOW. I'm not saying she has no vocal flaws but those can be hidden in the recording studio & she is perfect for pop music. She has a darling personality.

flyingsit said:
I honestly don't know if I can stand a whole season of Gwen-and-Blake.

They didn't bother me. I just FF'd thru all the talking.

Aceon6

Last night's show was a bit of a snooze for me. I did like Kawan and Josh West, both going to Adam. Gwen's obsession with finding a teenage female pop singer just looks odd from the other side of the TV set. As talented as they may be, they don't go very far. The winners have all been seasoned performers or young country/folk singers.

taf2002

Last night no one really wowed me. The talent doesn't seem to be as good this year. I did like one or two but some of them I couldn't believe got any chairs to turn, much less four. I liked the last guy who sang Duran Duran & the guy who countrified Cher. The little girl with the huge head of blonde curly hair has promise but she needs a make-over. Normally I don't like Gwen's make-overs but anything would be an improvement.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The judges seemed as bored as we were. This was the fodder show. I don't see any of those selected making it past the first eliminations.

flyingsit

Last night's show was a bit of a snooze for me. I did like Kawan and Josh West, both going to Adam. Gwen's obsession with finding a teenage female pop singer just looks odd from the other side of the TV set. As talented as they may be, they don't go very far. The winners have all been seasoned performers or young country/folk singers.
Gwen likes having dolls to give makeovers to!

I think Josh might go very far -- I noticed some interesting choices in his phrasing, and his vibrato was wonderful. Plus there's a twinkle in his eye that will pay off.

LeafOnTheWind

I can't really say that I love anyone yet this year. I'm looking forward to the next round to see if anyone can improve and win me over.

taf2002

Gwen likes having dolls to give makeovers to!

I think Josh might go very far -- I noticed some interesting choices in his phrasing, and his vibrato was wonderful. Plus there's a twinkle in his eye that will pay off.

I can't put names to faces yet so I've forgotten who Josh is.

moebius

Gwen is so high schoolish. She didn't want to press the button for Enid b/c no one pressed their button yet even though she said that Enid deserved to be on the show. She probably didn't want feel like an idiot for being the only coach to press the button for her. And WTF with Alicia not wanting to press her button for Enid b/c she's looking for a specific type. Hellooooo, what happened to pressing the button for someone with a great voice, instead of having a diverse team?

Allskate

WTF with Alicia not wanting to press her button for Enid b/c she's looking for a specific type. Hellooooo, what happened to pressing the button for someone with a great voice, instead of having a diverse team?

I think it hurt her in the voting last season to have too many singers that were similar. And, at this point, she already has a lot of people on her team.

But I can't believe Tsoul ended up with Blake.

Aceon6

Did anyone like the last girl who got all 4 coaches? I couldn't stand her voice.
I liked parts of her tone but her weird diction put me off.

I'm still waiting to be inspired. My early favorites are Lauren from the first show and Josh West.
The recap show is Wednesday, so that will be my chance to change my mind.

moebius

Adam, Gwen, and Blake weren't patient enough to find the 'best' final member of their team. Their final team members were blah. So much for being 'picky' on choosing the last remaining members. They seemed like they didn't want to spend any more time to listen to any more singers. Maybe it's b/c so many singers in a row weren't extraordinary, so they decided to give up and select the next 'generic' singer just to get the auditions over with.

This season, worse than last season no one really caught my attention. Even the 4 chair turns weren't spectacular. If I had to choose one or two, maybe Stephanie Rice and Enid Ortiz. The final guy on Alicia's time had too many vocal gymnastics that took away the essence of the song. And I thought that Alicia had another guy similar to the final guy on her team. So much for finding different type of singer to diversify her team.

Aceon6

We have to remember that the auditions are shown out of sequence. I'll take a look today and see which ones were real and which were edited. The real ones have the contestant in frame during the pronouncements.

Allskate

I'm not a country fan, but I thought the Lauren/Brennley battle was a good one. I would have chosen Lauren, too. I'm not looking forward to them telling us Brennley's age all season long, though. Ditto for Quizz. (I thought Felicia was better than Quizz, and not just because she isn't 13).

Anatalia is a little powerhouse. I found myself missing Xtina. I'd love to see her coach Anatalia. I'm glad Ashley chose Alicia, though. I think that will be an interesting combination.

Overall, though, I didn't think this was a great group tonight.

taf2002

Alicia's explanation on why she put Felicia & Quizz together was confusing. If they are "completely different" why couldn't she keep both of them? Blake's pairing of Ashley & Casi was understandable since they would probably split votes but I can't imagine Felicia & Quizz doing the same.

PS What was with Gwen's hair? It looked like a sumo wrestler's.

Last edited:

Aceon6

She's ridiculous aside from her looks. She's the most annoying coach they've had, IMO.

Alicia steals Dawson? That pretty much sums up how weak this season is.
She may need a fodder candidate for the knockouts. At this point, she's heard everyone during prep for the battles. Someone she was iffy on may have exceeded expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information