The Shoma Uno fan thread - Go for número UNO!

Madhatter

Thanks for the original link!

Shoma skipped Yamada's annual show this season. Must be a good choice considering he's staying busy this season again - JSOI in January, Winter Asian Games, 4CC and Worlds. Wish all the best for his health and upward wave. Go Japan's national champion! :cheer2:

Is Shoma attending both, Asian Winter Games and 4CCs? Don't the Games skating competitions start like 2 days after the 4CCs?

ETA: I looked it up, and 4CCs gala is on the 19th whereas Men's SP at the Games on on the 24th. Still, cutting it really close. I guess Shoma will go from Pyeongchang straight onto Sapporo ice.

Last edited:

kittyjake5

Shoma is scheduled to attend both competitions. All of the first place finishers at JN are scheduled for both.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
JSOI is ongoing this weekend. Shoma's skating his SP in it. According to twitter users' reports he's making 4Lo trials. So far, a pop on Friday, a fall in the first show on Saturday, and he finally landed it in the second show on Saturday. He has one more show on Sunday.

Here is a clip of his 4Lo trial (a fall in the first show on Saturday).
(from 1:35) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x58iko8_soi-the-legends-豪華スター共演_sport

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Last edited:

justtojoke

tamms

That 3A was so beautiful. Probably his best one yet. I keep replaying that part. Now let's hope he learns to land his quads just as beautifully. I'm always so scared for his quad landings.

douglasottawa

Banned Member
He is good skater but he doesnt have the GOE to challenge Nathan Chen even with the same base value, higher PCS, and clean skate. He needs Chen to make mistakes to ever beat him now, and Chen is younger than him. Oh oh

Allskate

Shoma's long program was my favorite tonight. I'm not saying he was robbed in terms of placement, but I enjoyed his program the most.

Thanks I read the protocols. I like Nathan but for me I like Shoma better.

I can read the protocols all night long, and much of the scoring won't make sense. Yes, give skaters credit for their quads in the technical score, but don't give them a PCS bonus for them. PCS scoring at these events is incomprehensible.

tamms

Oh, what to do with Shoma. His 3A in the SP was undeniably beautiful but he couldn't land the jump in his FS. On the other hand, he landed all of his quads, even that quad loop earning a very good GOE. I am still very happy for his bronze medal finish since he finished off the podium the last couple of times at this competition. But he definitely put me on a roller coaster ride this time!

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
A bit of bummer for making mistakes on the both two 3As in LP, but aside of that he got some achievements here. He debuted his 4Lo in a competition and he got better GOE (2.43) for it than his rival Hanyu's (2.14) here this soon following Hanyu's first ever successfully done one in Skate Canada. He also received +2.29 GOE for the 4F and +1.29 GOE for 4T+2T. GOEs play a big role these days when it comes down to winning a medal, so it was a good sign for him heading for Worlds. He received good PCS 91.08 (over 9 for all except TR), and it was a good sign too especially he competed back to back with other current top men (Nathan, Hanyu, Patrick). Above all congrats for winning his first ever 4CC medal, and receiving over 100 (100.28) score in SP. :cheer:

In a big picture Shoma just upped his jump layout with 4Lo and it's time for him to get accustomed to skating with the new layout in competitions. I wonder if he lost his rhythm during the LP at 4CC. Now he's heading to two more competitions before Worlds. So we can expect he'll be better prepared with the new layout till Worlds.

Shame YT videos from 4CC were deleted. Here is a DM video instead.

SP http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ce3ly_shoma-uno-sp-2017-4cc-ja_sport
FS http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5cl256_b-esp-hd-shoma-uno-宇野昌磨-fs-2017-4cc_sport
Result http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/fc2017/index.htm

Schedule
Asian Winter Game: Men's SP is tomorrow (Thursday) and FS is on Friday this week.
Coupe du Printemps: March 10-12
Worlds: March 29- April 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information