"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
This season's 4CC's field is just insane -- in a good way! I am really looking forward to the competition. So many favorites, Mirai included, so it will be hard to be disappointed (a good thing!) with the outcome. But, certainly, I would (obviously) like to see Mirai on the podium! :cheer2:

Really nice to see more than 9 pairs.

Also mens is deep with I think last I checked 29 entries.

Mens, Ladies, and pairs... I cant predict anything...

Dance.. kinda predictable...

AngieNikodinovLove

Big whoop.

Wasnt she doing them at Nats too and then goes out there for the big event and doesnt do them.

LOL, I say if youre just gonna brag about the goods and then put them to bed on the big day at National, Worlds etc I dont want to hear about it.

LOL..Maybe I am grumpy this morning...lol

VGThuy

She wasn't practicing the 3A at Nationals as far as I know. Tom only posted a couple of landed ones in practice at the home rink before Nationals which got people buzzing only to be disappointed she didn't attempt it all week at Nationals. Her doing it on practice ice here shows there's a different game plan. She has nothing to lose as she's not going to Worlds outside another withdrawal.

SkateFanBerlin

I thinki
Big whoop.

Wasnt she doing them at Nats too and then goes out there for the big event and doesnt do them.

LOL, I say if youre just gonna brag about the goods and then put them to bed on the big day at National, Worlds etc I dont want to hear about it.

it's a matter of how it afffects the rest of the program. Marai doesn't lose competitions because she doesn't have a 3A. She loses because when she's nervous 1) she under rotates 2) Turns inwards and ceases to emote anything 3) she panics about jumps dropping all the beautiful skating she's capable of. If she do these things then yeah try the 3A.

Bellanca

Big whoop.

No harm, no foul. Everyone is entitled to a grumpy day now and again. However, I must admit that I did do a double take at the post thinking to myself, is that really @AngieNikodinovLove saying this?!?! :lol: :)

bardtoob

Big whoop.

Yeah, you're grumpy. You need to go to the "Why do they bother even trying" thread until after your coffee.

Last edited:

giselle23

Jammers

She wasn't practicing the 3A at Nationals as far as I know. Tom only posted a couple of landed ones in practice at the home rink before Nationals which got people buzzing only to be disappointed she didn't attempt it all week at Nationals. Her doing it on practice ice here shows there's a different game plan. She has nothing to lose as she's not going to Worlds outside another withdrawal.
Tom Z likes to hype up his skaters by posting videos of them doing jumps but maybe he should pay more attention to their programs. There is a reason why he gets criticized for his skaters choreography all the time. He seems to be all about jumps but skating skills and programs seem to not matter much to him.

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

I thinki

it's a matter of how it afffects the rest of the program. Marai doesn't lose competitions because she doesn't have a 3A. She loses because when she's nervous 1) she under rotates 2) Turns inwards and ceases to emote anything 3) she panics about jumps dropping all the beautiful skating she's capable of. If she do these things then yeah try the 3A.

Well, 4CC better than I expected for her. No rotation call for the 3-3. Not sure what happened with loop. But the other problems were evident. She seemed tighter as program progressed (or was it my nerves?). She seemed to be slowing down which diminished the impact of her footwork. I think her PCS would have been higher.

bardtoob

Mirai's scores in the 2017 4CC SP were fairish. Her PCS should have been 0.5 higher across the board, which would not have changed the rankings but given her 2 more points. Her rank was correct because most of the score being lower than the top two can be accounted for in the error on the 3Lp.

Her SP construction is the best, by far, in the 4CC field.

arakwafan2006

The Eurosport broadcasters were correct. She shut off the performance part to that program and went balls out with the jumps. She NEEDED that performance. I know damn well she was like " i am not spending the entire off season as hard as i've worked with my last memory of the season being Nationals". I don't blame her. No downgrades! when did that happen last? She went for everything and landed everything.

Today, I saw classic Tom Z technique with that quick snap and jump arch that he tries to teach. I think that the ask of The Winner Takes it All was too big of an ask of Mirai at this point. Blending the attention to music and the jumps is harder than it looks and it's harder than you think it is even if you're under the impression that it's difficult. Mirai skated for herself today and she looked great.

The truth is, she's a bulldog of a skater, powerful, full of attack and aggressive. I know she'd blessed with flexibility, a beautiful body and a personality that is so fitting of someone in skating. Still, she's a wonderful athlete. She's " get the F&#K out of my way" strong and that came through. One thing that i fear wont ever be fully developed under Tom Z is her style. She really is still discovering it and seemingly adapting. While that free skate music may describe her story loosely i guess ( i never thought it was her story honestly but maybe she does"I still feel like David, though brilliant sort sold her an idea and she went along with it. In actuality, it's not her real style. Skating to slow music does not complement the frame of mind she likes to be in when she's at her best. Lori was a better fit for her because Lori to me is better at highlighting the strengths and not making the weaknesses so obvious.

Anyhow, I yelled and smiled at the final position when she threw her head back. That was fabulous for her and I hope it sort of gives her the motivation she will need over the summer. Praying for a healthy and injury free summer. She is my third pick for Olympic team if we get 3 spots.

worldsnice12

THIS!

I think it must have been somewhat frustrating to be in such fantastic shape and not being able to deliver a great LP until today. I wish it would have happen at Nationals but nothing to wine about although I firmly belive World/Olympic spots should take 4CC placement in consideration.

As this was probably the last outing from Mirai this season, I hope her team will already now start to think about new music for the next season and baring injuries, I would love Mirai to try to incoporate that 3A from the summer competitions and onwards.

132+ LP is a great achievement !

baramin

I know it's just 4CCs, but I believe this makes Mirai the first US lady to medal in an ISU championship two years in a row since Sasha Cohen.

Great to see her finally break 130! And no negative GOE on any of her tech elements. Here's hoping she can take confidence from her performance this year and carry it through to next season.

icellist

I can't doubt Mai's win. But I thought Mirai did enough in the FS to pass over Gabby in the standings (compare the FS's). Mirai is the true silver medalist IMO (like how I think Akiko should've won NHK in 2013 over Mao)

Bellanca

I can't doubt Mai's win. But I thought Mirai did enough in the FS to pass over Gabby in the standings (compare the FS's). Mirai is the true silver medalist IMO (like how I think Akiko should've won NHK in 2013 over Mao)
Ugh! YES! That result was indeed criminal, a fiasco.

Great to see Mirai on the podium! I need to watch and compare the FS', have not done that, yet.

I certainly hope the final placements at 4CC were not a repeat of the 2013 NHK debacle. :blah:

ETA: Well, I could easily see Mirai in the silver spot. Not trying to take anything away from Gabby, of course. SP made the difference. IMHO.

Last edited:

Firedancer

I am so happy for Mirai that she could end her season this way. She has obviously worked really hard this year and it was so great to see her put it all together and be so excited at the end. I hope she can take this confidence with her into next year.

I'm not sure winner takes it all was the best choice for her. It seems like it would just remind her of her disappointments everyday.

Meoima

Mirai should have won the silver! But I am glad she had a great LP. I hope they will rethink about sending her to WC.

AngieNikodinovLove

WOWWWWZAAA

I was gonna skip the results and just watch and be surprised when it airs later tonight... but like a kid at Christmas... I couldnt wait... and I peaked.....

WOW.. when I first saw the free results and saw her in second.. I was hoping maybe silver? maybe Gold??? Then when I clicked standings I was soooo relieved to see her on the podium...

And ALL positive GOE!!!

Then I saw on elements sheet and only saw 2 axel and I was P*ssed... LOL.... But I forgave it in a hearbeat because she got all positive GOE!!!

Like usual she goes to 4CC and is best USA women..... hmmm... Karen still in 12th or something and Bell in 7th? Mirai needs to join Ashley for Worlds... but this not possible.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information