Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

semogal

Loving "Shall We Dance on Ice". Charlie's growth as a performer is very noticeable. I might have to demand, I mean request, that my family gets me SOI tickets for Mother's Day so I can see Charlie and Meryl skate (and with Madison and Zach added to the cast I would be in fan heaven).

suki

I am watching the Shall We Dance on Ice special, and I must say that after Charlie, John Kerr has the most glorious mane of hair. Hair Hall of Famer for sure

applelady

I caught Shall We Dance on Ice; almost forgot it was coming on, but got home from errands and there it was, about to start! I loved it; bet it was a super-fun show to see live. Iris was beautiful; Ain't No Sunshine was good, too, AND Charlie got to do Disco! :lol:

applelady

A couple of high def videos from AOI here and another upload of Sax from JSOI with a short interview at the end.

I am in awe of how Charlie continues to be so polite yet so withering to the people who tell him to shut up and skate or they won't be his fan anymore.

I'm not sure whether I want him to get into politics because we need more of this, or to run far far away because it will crush his soul.

Those videos are great, Barbara Manatee; thanks for posting! I'm totally obsessed with Adagio right now! The ending of it kills me. In a good way. :fragile:

mollymgr

Love on the Floor has a big announcement on Valentine's Day.:shuffle:

ETA: From their FB page:
[serious announcement!]

Valentine's day is too close to the city, love rek today, isn't it?
2764.png

In June 2016, he played the world first performance in Tokyo Tokyu Theater, and was close to the end of the great performance.

The story of "love" is a new dance stage at the United States top dancers and the top figure skater is a very new dance stage.

What a big announcement for Valentine's day next week!!

14th of February ♪
Please, don't forget to check.
http://www.loveonthefloor.com/

Last edited:

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
Those videos are great, Barbara Manatee; thanks for posting! I'm totally obsessed with Adagio right now! The ending of it kills me. In a good way. :fragile:
I've been obsessed with Adagio, too. It's one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever and to see Meryl and Charlie skating to it is my dream come true! I continue to be in awe of how far they've come in their skating, they are true artists on ice now and I could watch them all day long (course I've pretty much been that way for about 10 years now since first seeing them in 2007).

shan

I've been obsessed with Adagio, too. It's one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever and to see Meryl and Charlie skating to it is my dream come true! I continue to be in awe of how far they've come in their skating, they are true artists on ice now and I could watch them all day long (course I've pretty much been that way for about 10 years now since first seeing them in 2007).

I can't believe we've been watching them since 2007! (And earlier than that for some, I suppose.) Time flies!! :)

Laura4

Love on the Floor has a big announcement on Valentine's Day.:shuffle:

ETA: From their FB page:
[serious announcement!]

Valentine's day is too close to the city, love rek today, isn't it?
2764.png

In June 2016, he played the world first performance in Tokyo Tokyu Theater, and was close to the end of the great performance.

The story of "love" is a new dance stage at the United States top dancers and the top figure skater is a very new dance stage.

What a big announcement for Valentine's day next week!!

14th of February ♪
Please, don't forget to check.
http://www.loveonthefloor.com/

Some Japanese fans are reporting that the show will be back. I haven't found out whether Meryl and Charlie will again be a part of it. I sure hope so!

mollymgr

Some Japanese fans are reporting that the show will be back. I haven't found out whether Meryl and Charlie will again be a part of it. I sure hope so!
Their website got updated. Early Valentine's day in Japan. D/W are listed as cast members along with Dai!!!!
http://www.loveonthefloor.com/about.html :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Translation:
https://translate.google.com/transl...eonthefloor.com/about.html&edit-text=&act=url

The dates are June 16 (Fri) - June 25 (Sun) of 2017.

Add one more reason for not going to the Olympics.:p

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I was hoping the big announcement was going to be that the show would be in the U.S. this year. :(

Cracking up at this Google translated note on the show's website:

age limit - Pre-school baby can not enter :rofl::rofl:

Can we have this restriction at US skating events? A lady sitting next to me brought a newborn to nationals in KC.:duh:

mollymgr

I was hoping the big announcement was going to be that the show would be in the U.S. this year. :(

Cracking up at this Google translated note on the show's website:

age limit - Pre-school baby can not enter :rofl::rofl:

Can we have this restriction at US skating events? A lady sitting next to me brought a newborn to nationals in KC.:duh:

:rofl: I saw that too among other translational mishaps.:lol:

Maybe Cheryl can figure out a way to get a US tour together this year since there won't be any pressing need for being a partner to Lochte.:shuffle:

Barbara Manatee

Meryl and Charlie to be on AOL Build after their Today Show appearance next week.
Join reigning Olympic Ice Dance Gold Medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White as they discuss the upcoming "Stars on Ice" tour. The pair won the gold medal in Ice Dancing at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. Will they re-visit the Olympics in Pyeongchang? We'll get their answer when they visit BUILD.

This event will be streamed LIVE on AOL.com/BUILD!

Wed, February 22, 2017

12:30 PM – 1:00 PM EST
Are they finally going to make the announcement? Predictions? I think it's good timing to say they're retiring - they get to promo SOI and LOTF and don't take any attention away from the competitors at 4CCs or worlds.

Last edited:

Barbara Manatee

I didn't mean that I think they will break the news on AOL, but that the announcement will come next week and they'll be talking about it on Today and Build.

mollymgr

My bets are on SOI and/or some new project. IMO it would make sense to make an announcement to say they are not competing rather than outright retirement. It is the same thing but in the first case the message doesn't sound like a termination of their career, especially with the couple products they do promote.

princeton123

I think it's going to be a comeback announcement. They're not really famous enough to warrant this kind of press tour for anything else other than a comeback, IMO.

But maybe they have a really good agent. :p

mollymgr

I think it's going to be a comeback announcement. They're not really famous enough to warrant this kind of press tour for anything else other than a comeback, IMO.

But maybe they have a really good agent. :p
Nah. They are not coming back. They will be gone for a month or so in the summer again. Making a "not coming back" announcement is still a big deal for reigning Olympic Champions in the US.

VGThuy

I'm also sure the events they're promoting are the ones actually paying for all this publicity. All kinds of things get promoted on the Today Show, and AOL Build seems to be a weird place to announce a comeback since I doubt many people have heard of AOL Build (and who still uses AOL other than older folk?). Who better than the reigning Olympic champions, DWTS sweetheart, and who aren't currently competing so has flexibility in their schedule to be the face of the promotion?

Of course, they could be announcing their comeback and taking a page out of Tessa and Scott's book...though they're waiting a few more days after 4CC concludes to do so rather than an hour or so.

DreamsofBliss

My bets are on SOI and/or some new project. IMO it would make sense to make an announcement to say they are not competing rather than outright retirement. It is the same thing but in the first case the message doesn't sound like a termination of their career, especially with the couple products they do promote.

I feel there must be some kind of new announcement as well. Perhaps LOTF will be doing a few US shows?

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
As people were saying before...in light of how outspoken Charlie has become about politics (seriously, love reading his Twitter), I'd be completely amazed if they announced a comeback. They were so tightlipped about everything before Sochi, and if they wanted to come back to compete, I would expect that PR strategy to continue.

I bet it's a LOTF tour in the US. Or I'm hoping so; I'd love to see it in person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information