German Skating News - Part 3

J

Jeschke

on german pairs fanclub page hocke is listed in 'try-out'-status with blommaert.
so, if this works out and she will only go for pairs, oh my, another loss for german ladies :drama:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
iirc there were no additional standards at last olympics; i think they learned from the mess of '06 and '10, both times with dytrt.
@sandra_persch or am i wrong?
If that's the case, and they don't revert for 2018, it isn't like the German Fed could reason, "Well, H/S wouldn't meet the criteria anyway...". Not that they really need a reason for "special circumstances," but, still.

Sabine-Yuna

German Fed has removed all his entries from the EYOF
http://www.eislauf-union.de/media1/news/204-absage-der-teilnahme-am-eyof

As a reason they mentioned and unsteady security situation in turkey. other german wintersport federations already have removed their athletes, so no german team will take part at this years EYOF.

Hocke was among the entries, I guess, no clue who the others were.
The junior boy next to Hocke would have been Daniel Saposhnikov. It's just one girl and one boy of a certain age. It will be a very empty competition, because very many countries will not go.

text_skate

Great skate from K/N at universade. Bronze medal :cheer2:About 13 pts better than M/D, finishing 4th. U/S ended up in 9th place

J

Jeschke

Great skate from K/N at universade. Bronze medal :cheer2:About 13 pts better than M/D
German dance, so entertaining :rofl:
As mentioned above, I think Shari/Mari's boy might be the darkhorse for next season. They started the season really shitty and improved a lot after their switch to Milan already.
I am curious how much they can improve in the off-season. They need a bit more character and charisma on the ice, I have no doubts, Babs will manage that.

Can't wait for the drama next season, 3 pairs, 1 spot. Plus hot Urban/Steffan!

J

Jeschke

Summary of german dance teams at universiade:
3 pairs
6 skates combined
3 falls combined

:shuffle:

Marta24

Great skate from K/N at universade. Bronze medal :cheer2:About 13 pts better than M/D, finishing 4th. U/S ended up in 9th place
Very happy for them. I liked them when they were skating in juniors. Fusar-Poli is a really good coach, if you look how good Guignard/Fabbri have become. Hopefully Koch/Nüchtern will improve more and more over the next few years.

J

Jeschke

only saw him removed from the club homepage in Oberstdorf too. Makes me wonder if he retired or decided to represent Romania again.
i expect the 2nd option, as his 3a seems better than ever...that can't just be out of fun, can it?

sandra_persch

Team nominations have been published last night

http://www.eislauf-union.de/media1/news/205-jwm-wm-teilnehmer-nominiert

Junior Worlds
Men: Thomas Stoll, S: Jonathan Heß
Ladies: Lea Johanna Dastich, S: Annika Hocke
Pairs: Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel
Dance: Ria Schwendinger / Valentin Wunderlich, S: Charise Matthaie / Maximilian Pfisterer

Worlds
Men: Paul Fentz, S: Peter Liebers, Franz Streubel
Ladies: Nicole Schott, S; Nathalie Weinzierl
Pairs: Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot
Fabienne-Minerva Hase & Nolan Seegert
Dance: Kavita Lorenz & Joti Polizoakis, S: Katharina Müller & Tim Dieck, Shari Koch & Christian Nüchtern

J

Jeschke

Now this was fast.

Ruben Blommaert confirmed in his latest instagram post that he will continue his career with Annika Hocke.
The pic is divided in 3 parts, you see the couple, a lift and a throw.
They look good together, let's see what they can do.

No word, if she intends to continue skating singles too, and no words about their coaching situation.
Picture is from Oberstdorf; if he left the Wendes, it's either Fajfr again for him or König.

All the best for this new team, might be a promising combo!

Either way... #teammari :drama:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabine-Yuna

I have to admit that the pics look promising. If they can do such a lift after a very short period of practice - wow! As far as Annikas pair skating skills can just be rudimental, she might have some talent for this. As a single skater I have always liked her. This is a real show girl. And I hope they'll make it to Pyeongchang. I don't believe that she'll continue to do singles, because time is running out learning everything you need to become a good pair skater and to qualify for the Olympics. I'm really happy that Germany will get a new pair that consists of two skaters I really like to see on the ice.

J

Jeschke

English google translation is quite good:

Q: How did you get together?

Ruben: After my decision with another partner, I contacted Annika's mom. I asked if Annika would be interested in the pairing. She has everything she needs a couple, what I imagine: she masters well the jumps, she is easy, she runs beautifully ...

Q: What did you say, Annika?

Annika: I wanted to try it out. I had tried couple-pairing, but it was never that I had said that I would stop with the individual and concentrate instead on the whole pair. I wanted to try it with Ruben in any case, because the chance for the Olympics in the pairing are better than in the individual. Yes and then I could imagine to stop with the single run.

Ruben: We will still have to train individually, because we want to show the difficult jumps. We will go on the ice every day and practice all jumps. So this is not completely lost.

Annika: Yes, exactly!

Q: How are things going on now? Do you move from Oberstdorf to Berlin, Ruben?

Ruben: My girlfriend is studying to be flexible with me. Because Annika is still going to school and is 16 years old, I do not want to get her out of her environment. She did well in Berlin and in Oberstdorf would be a lot worse because of the boarding school and because she would then be separated from the family. The school in Berlin is different than here in Bavaria. So I'll be in Berlin most of the time. We would like to work with both coaches, with Mr. Schubert and with Mr. König .. They understand themselves well and have a good cooperation. We would also like to be on the ice with Aljona and Bruno. So whenever Annika can, we would like to train here in Oberstdorf. So we want to alternate and combine that.

Q: Have you set goals?

Annika: Yes, the 2018 Olympics

Ruben: In any case at short notice and it would be nice if that works. But for me the decision with Annika to run long-term also after 2018.

Q: Have you ever thought about what chorographers you will work with?

Ruben: With Marc Pillay. Annika has already worked with him already in the single and I as a couple runner. He knows both of us and will know which music fits us.

Q: Then I thank you for the nice conversation and wish you much success.

J

Jeschke

Schubert and König. This will be interesting. If Mari gets a decent partner (fingers crossed), they all can go to Olys in 2018. :cool:

It's not very hard to outscore Hase/Seegert.

first of all aliona needs to finish top2 :drama:
i guess everyone (h/s, h/b, v/?) are praying for that scenario at worlds.

clairecloutier

I don't know about Hocke/Blommaert. An 8-year age gap, she's only 16, and she has no pairs experience? And Schubert as coach?? I guess we will see, but I can't say I'll be expecting much. At least not right away.

sammyf

I don't know about Hocke/Blommaert. An 8-year age gap, she's only 16, and she has no pairs experience? And Schubert as coach?? I guess we will see, but I can't say I'll be expecting much. At least not right away.

She has pairs experience the last few years she skated with Jurij Gnilozubov but he aged out of juniors before she was eligible for seniors so they couldn't compete internationally after their first year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information