"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spun Silver

She was very purposeful and did her job. She has really learned how to fight and my gosh she looks trained. I would love it if, going last in the FS, she could let loose at some point when she knows she's safe and show some fire. Or the 3A.

I wish one of her programs (the long one) this year were upbeat. Neither of them calls for a smile. A smile is choreographed in the FS IIRC, but it doesn't really fit the song. I hope she gets at least one peppy program next season!

Go, Mirai! Keep doing your best!

worldsnice12

Starting last in the LP with a "Winner Takes It All" program..I can only hope that it will not end in another disappointment for Mirai. Wonder how she will handle the pressure if Wagner skates clean before her? I hope with all the experience she has along a strong wish to do well will overcome any nerves tonight!
Nobody would be happier than me if she rotates enough to medal here.

Anybody heard how the practice session went yesterday? I wonder if she is still thinking about the 3A.. No matter how much I would love to see one, I still think the best "strategy" would be to exclude it at this competition..But hey, "Nobody knows Mirai" ;-)

Go girl!

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Starting last in the LP with a "Winner Takes It All" program..I can only hope that it will not end in another disappointment for Mirai. Wonder how she will handle the pressure if Wagner skates clean before her? I hope with all the experience she has along a strong wish to do well will overcome any nerves tonight!
Nobody would be happier than me if she rotates enough to medal here.

Anybody heard how the practice session went yesterday? I wonder if she is still thinking about the 3A.. No matter how much I would love to see one, I still think the best "strategy" would be to exclude it at this competition..But hey, "Nobody knows Mirai" ;-)

Go girl!
Nagasu: 3T, 3Lo, 3F3T(ur?), 3Lz, 3S, 2A3T2T, 3A(ur,2ft), 3A(<<,2ft), 3A(ur,step), FS runthru (3F3T, 3A(<<,2ft), marked S, 2A3T2T, 3Lo2T, 3Lo, 3Lz), 3Lo

from http://www.rockerskating.com/news/2017/1/18/2017-us-championships-practice-notes

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
It is not advisable for Mirai to do the 3A in the Nationals LP. She should focus on a World and 4CC berth using clean standard competitive content, then do it at the 4CC. Unexpectedly, she did not need the 3A at this competition.
Agree. 4CC seems the best timing to try a 3A for her. By skating last in the final group she can afford to choose whether she needs a 3A or not tonight. So hopefully she'll not push herself too much in the tech area.

Watching "Winner takes it all" program in the end of the final group at the US Nats makes me thrilled. My fingers crossed she'll survive through the 2-3 jumps in the very beginning of the second half of the program. How far she came since she skated that exhibition program to Demons! And tonight she gets out on a stage where she'll challenge a big drama. :watch:

Enjoy your skate, Mirai! :cheer2:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Proud of her fighting to add the two 2toes after she couldn't do her planned 3jump combo. But yeah...not gonna cut it.

The most we can hope for is a trip to 4ccs.

Spun Silver

I dont think that will happen. I hope it does but I think they will send the whole Worlds team. Not sure Ashley is in a position to say no.

Spun Silver

Did anyone else think it looked like Mirai hurt herself when she fell and it affected her skating?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
IMO Mirai needs to start going for the 3A next season, right from the start. She needs a separation, and judges usually like it when someone tries to up the ante. She also needs to learn to relax and enjoy her performance. JMO.

Last edited:

Spun Silver

Starting with the 3A makes sense. Tom Z wanted her to do it at Nats and unless she loses it I'm sure he will want her to do it regularly from now on.

The last bit is key, but HOW? People have been saying that about her forever (myself included). Not long ago she was interviewed by TSL and they said it to her face. She basically said, "I know I need to do that but it's HARD because of all the technical things I have to do." It doesnt come naturally any more.

Spun Silver

Although she did a beautiful job with the Chopin Nocturne. I would be happy to see her work with Jeff again. David: no way, Jose! I will never forgive him. :Grrrrr!:

I agree that would help. She can do angry/intense and she can do lyrical but what she cant do is angst or super happy.

VGThuy

But I think that would require more energy than she wants to expend outside the elements. Imagine a fiery character and intense music but with a performance where she's not expressing anything. She'll look like a junior skater skating outside her ability with music that's overwhelming her. I think there's a reason she chooses the music she does. I think something more peppy can help where she can choreograph hip shaking and a smile. As much as people disliked her Gatsby LP, it helped her hide her "in the zone" or "concentration" face.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
@Spun Silver Ah, I forgot this season's 4CC is a pre Olys event. Probably everyone wants to skate in the Olys venue. My impression was that, aside from pressures to skate last in the final group, the lyrics/tone of the music were the biggest burden when she was fighting through the program.
The first thing Mirai should do is to burn :EVILLE: the music disc of her LP! :saint:

Spun Silver

Yeah.. I'm thinking of all the expressive stills of Mao in Ritual Fire Dance. That would be really hard for Mirai. What about angry music that doesnt have a character to express, just a mood, like Demons? She did well with that. I sent her some once, Villa Lobos guitar music. She didnt use it, obviously.

Spun Silver

@Spun Silver Ah, I forgot this season's 4CC is a pre Olys event. Probably everyone wants to skate in the Olys venue. My impression was that, aside from pressures to skate last in the final group, the lyrics/tone of the music were the biggest burden when she was fighting through the program.
The first thing Mirai should do is to burn :EVILLE: the music disc of her LP! :saint:
I agree. I think it built up over the season and just took hold of her (in a bad way). Maybe I'm projecting - it would have had that effect on me!

I want to burn David Wilson in effigy. J/K.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Starting with the 3A makes sense. Tom Z wanted her to do it at Nats and unless she loses it I'm sure he will want her to do it regularly from now on.

The last bit is key, but HOW? People have been saying that about her forever (myself included). Not long ago she was interviewed by TSL and they said it to her face. She basically said, "I know I need to do that but it's HARD because of all the technical things I have to do." It doesnt come naturally any more.

She has an introverted personality. I am sure a choreographer can find a suitable program and music for her. Not everyone has to be outgoing, but she needs to relax a bit instead of worrying too much about the jumps, and let the performance happen.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
But I think that would require more energy than she wants to expend outside the elements. Imagine a fiery character and intense music but with a performance where she's not expressing anything. She'll look like a junior skater skating outside her ability with music that's overwhelming her. I think there's a reason she chooses the music she does. I think something more peppy can help where she can choreograph hip shaking and a smile. As much as people disliked her Gatsby LP, it helped her hide her "in the zone" or "concentration" face.
I agree. She looked enjoying the peppy music of Gatsby LP. I think it may work for her. I mean something she herself wants to skate to will work better for her than anything given by someone else. In the sense, IIRC Mirai said she wanted to skate to musics from Avatar movie this season but Tom Z throw it away, wasn't it? I wish he'll listen to her next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information