"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spun Silver

Exactly. The 3A in the latest video is the one that the skater knows she can do and sees she'll nail even before landing. Fingers crossed they spent enough time for other jumps too. My feelins right now are mixture of -->:respec: :drama: :scream::cheer:
@rosewood, as usual I am right there with you in the drama room. My stomach will be in knots until after Nats (at least). But I am also showing that 3A to everyone who has ever heard me mention Mirai. :D

zigzig

If Mirai can do a 3A like the last one posted along with a clean 3F+3T and 3Lo she'll take a huge lead in the short since her PCS will correspondingly rise with her TES.

Will just be a matter of whether she can carry that momentum to her long which is often her weakness - and this year's program doesn't do her any favors.

Either way, I hope she brings a +3 triple axel to the competition and bring some life to this ladiezzz event!

VGThuy

If that's the case she should definitely try it at Nationals (either only in the LP or both). Might as well get used to competing it now. The one in the latest video was absolutely beautiful. Probably one of the more exciting 3As I've seen.

bardtoob

IMO Mirai should go for the 3A in the SP only at Nationals, then, if she makes it to 4CC, she should try it in the SP and LP. If she makes it to Worlds, then see how it is going and use her best judgement at that point since Worlds is so far away.

ETA: I can't believe it has been 12 years since Kimmie got her 3A ratified at Nationals.

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Mirai's 3A is looking sweet - that last one especially was breathtaking! :rockstar: Here's hoping she's looking Rock star on her other triples as well!

We don't talk about these things but she is slimmer in the legs and it's improved her line. I feel sorry for these athletes who have to live such controlled lives with eating. What's the story - Brian Boitano said he would pour milk on his cereal than squeeze it out before eating.

I agree about Mirai. That story about Brian makes me sad. :(

Last edited:

smarts1

If anyone could do it, it would be Mirai. Despite her underrotation issues, she has the best double axel technique of all the US ladies and probably even in the world right now.

I really wonder if she'll try it at Nationals.

Bellanca

If anyone could do it, it would be Mirai. Despite her underrotation issues, she has the best double axel technique of all the US ladies and probably even in the world right now.

My understanding is that it will be a game-time decision. Whatever that decision may be, good luck to the lovely Mirai Nagasu! :cheer2:

giselle23

I agree, Mirai's double axel is the best. If she is ready with the 3A, I hope she goes for it.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Last edited:

bardtoob

I'm Midori's biggest fan, and nobody need be threatened that Mirai has the 3A.

The only similarity I see between the two 3A is the deeper than 2A step-in with no skid and the shape of the flight path. The air position and height are different. A skater needs to get 1.5 feet (18 inches) off the ice to do 3A. Midori could get 1.75 feet (21 inches) off the ice and probably used the leg wrap to control the rotation speed.

If any, Mirai's is more like Mao's ... FWIW Liza's is more like Harding's because they both achieved straight perpendicular air position to the ice.

------
Ladies 3A Midori to Liza

https://youtu.be/5uhsBZHicHs

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦

The only similarity I see between the two 3A is the deeper than 2A step-in with no skid and the shape of the flight path. The air position and height are different. A skater needs to get 1.5 feet (18 inches) off the ice to do 3A. Midori could get 1.75 feet (21 inches) off the ice and probably used the leg wrap to control the rotation speed.

If any, Mirai's is more like Mao's ... FWIW Liza's is more like Harding's because they both achieved straight perpendicular air position to the ice.

------
Ladies 3A Midori to Liza

I'm a huge fan of Midori too and I certainly don't feel threatened that Mirai has a 3A! A previous poster said she was 'approaching Ito territory' on the jump. Approaching - she's not there yet and she likely never will be.

Sylvia

TBD
Phil Hersh's article on Mirai: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/01/17/213697090
That she still wants more a decade later is evident in Nagasu's attempt to master the triple axel at an age few skaters would risk trying a new jump, let alone the most difficult one done by women. Zakrajsek has posted videos of Nagasu landing them in practice, and she intends to practice them in Kansas City, but she will not decide until the 11th hour if she will put it in a program this week.
"I think I would be bored if I were winning all the time, even though it would be nice," Nagasu said with a laugh. "And I would love to be medaling all the time, but then I wouldn't be who I am today. I think I have learned to take losses like a champion, and I'm proud of that."

giselle23

------
Ladies 3A Midori to Liza

I hope no one thinks I was threatened because I posted Midori's video. I love Mirai! She is my favorite of current skaters. I would be thrilled to death if she could land the 3A in competition. I just posted Midori's video because I love Midori, too, and am still in awe of the fact that, nearly 30 years later, no one has matched her on the 3A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information