alilou's Adventures in Wonderland 2 - all over the map

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I've been catching up.
Your narrative and photos are evocative.

I'm delighted that you are "mending", alliou!
Thanks @skatesindreams. Glad you're still vicariously enjoying our travels. SMA is a really special place even if I wasn't doing so well there. I'm much improved, in spirit if not in body, but starting a new treatment this week. Hopeful.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I suspect you can guess how I feel about your images of the flora, fauna; and especially, those sunsets!
Big grin here! I can easily guess. God it was wonderful there. The sunsets were spectacular almost every night, and I'm so happy when I'm surrounded by nature, but I have been spoiled a little I think - the birds must be exotic, or at least brightly coloured - no boring sparrows or crows thank you :)

skatesindreams

I think I shared that "Sunset" is my favorite time of day; and your photos of evening in La Manzanilla are among the most beautiful I've seen.
Is that the view from your casita?

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I know so little about Mexico except for Mexico City and that Cancun is a standard tourist destination.

What made you choose Playa del Carmen? It didn't ring any bells, so I didn't ask more when I saw you before you left and had the chance.

I loved the overexposed photos!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I guess Playa just evolved. We wanted to explore the Yucatan, plus go to Cuba, and there are direct flights from Van to Cancun, and from Cancun to Havana so Cancun seemed the obvious choice for the flight from Van, but we didn't want to stay there because it's a tourist resort town lol. Also we knew we needed a place to stop for the first month or so due to some healing treatments I'd had just before we left Van. Playa seemed a good compromise - some place to land and stop for a bit until we could really get going. We'll stay here 'til mid dec then go to Merida for a week then start exploring Chiapas - more or less. Playa is more touristy than I expected, but it's fine for a rest place. We're quite content here.

Thanks re the photos. I've been having so much fun.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Those are quite some adventures, ali! You are much braver than I am, I think!
I love doing stuff like this. I was only scared about the parasailing, and wouldn't be any more if I was to do it again. Apart from my fear of falling out of the sky our biggest concern was whether or not we are still agile enough to get on and off the jet ski and boat. We are! :cheer:

We're both fairly experienced snorkelers so both those excursions were not too challenging though we were pleased to find out we could still do two hours easy swimming along the reefs. And Rio Secreto came with a very experienced guide, and they take children, so I knew it couldn't be too scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information