Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cachoo

I certainly like the programs this year better than the last couple of years. And I agree about the lyrical==I am so glad they didn't take that route.

mollymgr

Very happy for them. They seem to be getting more comfortable with the programs. There are so many cool moves in both of them.

Seerek

Good for them for not following the stylistic trends of the rest of field and playing to their strengths, though I can only imagine (read: cringe) what Dave Lease's commentary will be if C/B win back the national title (hopefully no tangent along the lines of "they're getting Chris Dean marks"...)

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
^^^ Last day to vote!

Evan and Madison spoke to Lynn Rutherford for this Grand Prix Final Team USA preview article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/12/06/210443320
Excerpt:
... Part of that was due to a twizzle error committed by Bates at the Rostelecom Cup that cost them several points in their free dance, choreographed by Christopher Dean to "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen.
"I was upset with myself at the time, but that was a small mistake in the scheme of the season," Bates said. "We had a lot of great moments. We won the free dance (over Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir) at Skate Canada, and that created buzz."
"We worked on adding more expression, sharpening a couple of little things in the side-by-side steps and adjusting the pattern in the blues," Chock said. "We're keeping our arms down a bit (in the step sequence) and doing things to make the choreography pop more. We're happy we had the time to do that, to keep it new and fresh."

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Im really enjoying the draw this season...like how it used to be...

It takes away the preconceived idea of who should be placing where.

For me it says everyone starts with a blank slate instead of "world champion goes last." etc. It makes the competition a bit more exciting to watch. I never liked the idea of lesser skaters skate first and the better ones later. And I felt bad for the "lesser" skaters to perform in a half-filled arena. Anywhooo I would love to see C&B get a draw this time that isnt first.

mollymgr

On the bright side, this isn't like Worlds with several warm-up groups. Just 6 couples, so judges can't be off by too much.:lol:

semogal

Do you ever have times in your life when it seems like if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all? That seems to be where Madison and Evan are right now. What a weird season they are having with twizzles problems and falls.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Lynn Rutherford tweeted re. their pre-Nationals media teleconference call today:
[Chock/Bates] discussed changes to "Under Pressure" FD "We felt it needed to breath more...for audience to take in (lyrics)"1/2

No changes to elements or music, but calmer choreo in middle of program to make story more readable. 2/2
Audio link is not yet posted on IceNetwork.

Evan tweeted a photo of him and Rohene Ward last week: https://twitter.com/Evan_Bates/status/817371270652293120
"Thank you @roheneward for helping us get ready for #USChamps17 this week. #crushit"

Last edited:

DreamsofBliss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information