#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

Rock2

I'm clearly not recovered from her injury as much as she has. Every time I see a thread on her rising to the top I think "oh no, what happened now??"

I'm loving the Jeff/Lance combo for her two competitive numbers. I'm expecting good stuff.

I have to think even now that KO and GD need to go to Finland to have *any* hope of qualifying 3 for Korea. I think we're solid with two entries no matter who goes. But without a few clean shorts and a first international LP over 120 (eek), we may end up going back to Alaine. I hope she has a healthy summer and promising early season of competitions.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ I posted links on the previous page that seem to indicate she has a new SP choreographed by her longtime choreographer, Lance Vipond.
I hope she has a healthy summer and promising early season of competitions.
She's not scheduled to compete at Skate Detroit this year so I assume she might start her season at Wild Rose, July 28-31, in Edmonton?

shutterbug

shutterbug

https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/759863486562177024
First long program out for the season and it couldn't have been worse. It''s a learning curve and I know next competition will be stronger
Video from senior women's FP at Wild Rose this afternoon: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4mmd36_kaetlyn-osmond-2016-wild-rose-fs-lq_sport

Lots of potential IMHO, but we haven't seen enough from her recently to predict how an early disaster like this will impact the rest of her season.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/759603449742831616

Video from the senior women's SP at Wild Rose earlier this evening: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ml4je

Really impressed with the level of choreographic detail already in place. Good job! :)

I am in LOVE with her jumps and jumping style... so interesting and captivating to watch her.

Also in love with her music choices. MY FAV sp last season was La Ve en Rose and this is very similar. I like her music choices.

Rock2

I really liked La Vie En Rose. It was really 'her'.

Sadly, though, although the SP is well-choreographed I can't deal with that kind of music. That vocal style is something that just pierces right through me such that if I was a dog I'd immediately become frantic and start barking. For me she might as well skate to a fire alarm. But that's just me and how I respond to certain sounds and vocals. Glad others enjoy it.

I hope she does well with it although i'll be turning the sound off when she skates :(

honey

I don't really see this new sp as being similar in style to last year's. This is far more flirtatious and boisterous than la vie en rose was. I don't mind the music so much, but I do find myself wanting the entire thing to be Milord instead of Sous le Ciel de Paris at the start. But all in all I think this a great choice for her and I can't wait to see it again.

I really hope the lp was just a fluke, but its kind of concerning to see something like that again where she appears to have no sense of timing or control on the jumps. I do feel better that the sp went decently, but it makes me wonder what's up when she put out an lp with zero completed triples at the end of July. Yes, it's only July but still...

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I think the program has great potential and I think SHE has great potential.

Hopefully she can come back fighting at Thornhill :cheer2:.

Jammers

Kaetlyn seems to not set up her jumps at all and just kind of flings herself into them wildly. You would think her coach would have noticed by now it's not a new thing for her. Courtney Hicks has the same problem power is great but you need to be able to control it.

rvi5

Kaetlyn seems to not set up her jumps at all and just kind of flings herself into them wildly. You would think her coach would have noticed by now it's not a new thing for her. Courtney Hicks has the same problem power is great but you need to be able to control it.
I recall Kaetlyn mentioning in an interview once, she does better with the jumps when she does not over-think them. Instead, she prefers to rely on training/muscle memory.

lauravvv

Thank you, shutterbug :). I too am glad to finally see Kaetlyn's 3F-3T, and the program looks nice. It's early in the season - if she manages to skate consistently enough, probably judges will give her higher PCS.

Sylvia

TBD
A clip of Kaetlyn's SP from this afternoon at Thornhill is embedded in this tweet:
Here's the full SP video from the Twitter user (68.91): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl75gOCn0M4

ETA her FS jumps from the COS Thornhill thread in Kiss & Cry just now:
3f messy fall out
1a+3t (huge!)
3z
2l
3f+2t
3s+2t+2l
2a ur and two feet almost fall
FS announced as 123.23, 192.14 total.

ETA that the protocols link (2 posts above) now has the FS ones added after the SP.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Here's the full SP video from the Twitter user (68.91): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl75gOCn0M4

Her FS jumps:

FS announced as 123.23, 192.14 total.

IM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!

I just love her...

Her jumps are a bit wild, a bit out of control and thats exactly why I love them.

Shes unpredictable, exciting to watch and homegirl knows how to choose music in an innovative way!

I cant keep my eyes off her.

Bellanca

High Performance Camp interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1WioY3Og0

Piper found her SP music. :) Dagger to my heart though when she talked wanting to get her National title back and how coming third Nats "kinda hit me hard". (((Kaetlyn))) Always so honest and genuine.

I agree with your comment, shutterbug, Kaetlyn does have very commendable, honest and genuine qualities, which is so nice to see in a discipline that can be a little edgy, at times. What I have noticed, is how Kaetlyn seems to enjoy being in any competition, even at the warm-ups, she’ll have a smile on her face and a humble ‘I am happy to be here,' attitude. I sure hope Kaetlyn stays healthy this season and beyond, so she can fully realize her skating potential.

bbkenn

Bellanca

Props to Kaetlyn Osmond for The Finlandia Trophy win! I am very happy for her, and I hope that she can continue to build on this success as the season progresses. This should be an inspiring victory, a big confidence booster for Kaetlyn. Congrats! :encore:

And, stay healthy!!

Last edited:

paskatefan

Loved this. Thanks for posting this video. She obviously needs mileage on it, but I love the music and I love her skating. Would love to see her hold some of those choreographic positions longer, the spirals, the Ina Bauer, and I forget the other position that Brian Boitano used to do so effectively (??). Great program, I think.

Do you mean Brian's spread eagles? :D

Many congrats to Kaetlyn! :encore:

zigzig

I hope she can continue her momentum throughout the season. I like her long but I would have LOVED to see her ham it up to a fully sung, hair-pulling, screechy diva giving full MIMI :encore:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information